Wed, Aug 12 2009 5:49 AM (5 replies)
  • lesliecorrales
    2 Posts
    Tue, Aug 11 2009 12:57 AM

winin tournaments?

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Tue, Aug 11 2009 1:06 AM

Yep - enter free tournaments. The top 70 split credits - so the higher up the field you finish, the more credits you win.

Good luck.

Cheers Doug

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Aug 11 2009 2:17 AM

He can't enter any tournaments with credits/prizes because he's from Venezuela. Remember only players from about 8 to 10 countries out of the 180+ countries participating on this site can currently play for credits/prizes in tournaments. See also this post.

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Tue, Aug 11 2009 7:43 AM

Ooops sory about that one !!  Maybe soon eh ?

Thanks Faterson for flagging that one.

Cheers Doug

• lesliecorrales
    2 Posts
    Wed, Aug 12 2009 3:01 AM

thanks but im venezuelan but i am actually living in florida how can i adjust my home town

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Aug 12 2009 5:49 AM

You go to your Account page, and in the Contact Info section, click on Change. Then click on Change Mailing Address. You will then be allowed to change the country of your residence.

I believe you will not be allowed to "represent Venezuela" once you submit a US address. You will probably have to switch to the US flag. This is the reason why I myself decided not to circumvent WGT's blocking of tournaments for most countries, although I have numerous relatives living in Germany and submitting their street address would have been no problem. But, I want to see the Slovak flag displayed next to my name, not the German flag, and so I currently have only 1 tournament per month to play in, until WGT fixes this.

Also note what WGTalex wrote about this:

WGTalex:
    please note that we will need to disqualify any prize winners who did not correctly indicate their true country of residence.

RSS