Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Obvious not Realized

Sat, Jan 15 2011 12:53 PM (38 replies)
  • JuanMendoza
    469 Posts
    Tue, Dec 14 2010 3:09 PM

Is one sub-species of dog better than another?

DNA people!

• hoochlah
    81 Posts
    Tue, Dec 14 2010 4:58 PM

I called SP shitpie to illustrate a point - mangulate a name enough and it can get offensive. 'ching chang chung, or whatever his name is' is at the least disrespectful, and highly offensive and racist at worst. im assuming most of you think im a white australian  but im actually of asian heritage but lived here for 35 years. i see other people in this post offended by my post - just as i was by your post. dont know why people dont get that. SP - get your facts right before trying to belittle me. his name i have already posted. some of your retorts dont make sense - i mean what the hell is this -->

Thank you. In truth, I do love the game. I don't love jonny come lately remarks from the jonnys who can't break an egg and know nothing and don't know that they don't know nothing.

smart and witty? ha ha

stencil why are you pickinh on the aussies? its got nothing to do with this topic u idiot.

robNe i think the world is this way when people let stuf like this go on. which is what you want me to do? think not. im an asian and i got offended. have i no right to speak out against that?

thanks for listening - gonna go play golf now.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Dec 14 2010 8:42 PM

Well thank you Mr. Helper. It is a rare treat to have a chinaman from DownUnder straghten out a foolish American with regard in what to think. Thank you. 

• hoochlah
    81 Posts
    Tue, Dec 14 2010 10:06 PM
    once again you have missed the point lmao. your tiny pop gun attacks on my heritage are quite funny tho i will give you that. no one wants to tell you what to think - least of all me. just that you dont seem to get that your post is highly offensive to me . dont know why you dont get it. also you cant really call me a chinaman either seeing im not from china. why do you insist on displaying your ignorance in such a public forum?
  • stencil
    455 Posts
    Wed, Dec 15 2010 2:33 PM

hoochlah:

stencil why are you pickinh on the aussies? its got nothing to do with this topic u idiot.

because you assumed all americans were rednecks in a previous post.

• Yakublue
    125 Posts
    Wed, Dec 15 2010 4:00 PM

But the Stencil's an idiot bit still stands right?

The Yak

• Wontonamo
    2,269 Posts
    Wed, Dec 15 2010 7:09 PM

• hoochlah
    81 Posts
    Wed, Dec 15 2010 7:18 PM

whoops just realised i made a post under my brothers account - we share the same laptop at home - its still pending as he doesnt make many posts - just FYI.

• RobNE
    74 Posts
    Sat, Jan 15 2011 12:53 PM

hoochlah:

robNe i think the world is this way when people let stuf like this go on. which is what you want me to do? think not. im an asian and i got offended. have i no right to speak out against that?

I didn't say I want you to do anything.

My point was that people are far too hair-triggered on stuff like this. In fact, sometimes folks get offended ON SOMEONE ELSE'S BEHALF, when the person who might be offended thinks nothing of it.

The result is that sometimes the slightest thing, actual or imagined, leads to trigger words like 'racist' being thrown about. Often inappropriately too - to give a silly example, if someone says they don't like Mexican food or Italian food or Chinese food, then that is somehow considered a racist remark.  Give me a break!

OK, I accept that you were offended by someone's comment, and I respect that.  But then when folks retaliate to such offence, then any smear of any type by anyone seems to become the factual truth, whether it is true or not.  To say "I find that remark racist" immediately brands the person as a racist.  Which is a very serious thing to say about someone.  And that's why I said the world is messed up about this sort of thing.

Anyway, I agree. Here to play golf, not talk trash. See you on the green stuff...

RSS