Forums

Help › Forums

Re: wiki leaks

Thu, Dec 9 2010 6:19 PM (9 replies)
  • nickuk
    967 Posts
    Thu, Dec 9 2010 10:46 AM

freedom of speech....or a little bit too much information?

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Thu, Dec 9 2010 10:55 AM

Do you remember the wiki leak at WGT?  When the secret of the VEM was revealed?

• FreddieLove
    58 Posts
    Thu, Dec 9 2010 11:04 AM

Too much!

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Thu, Dec 9 2010 11:36 AM

When the entire world is honest about all they do or are planning, then I am fine.  Until that time, too much information.

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Thu, Dec 9 2010 11:51 AM

is it right that the author is then made out to be a sexual predator....or peado...i cant believe that someone who gave out the secrets is then capable of such heinous crimes! that would just be daft!

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Thu, Dec 9 2010 12:06 PM

I never go in for political threads, but I´ve particularly enjoyed wikileaks, so here goes:

why shouldn´t we get to know what our governments do, say and think? the example of the wgt leak (vem) just comes to prove my point. The information came out, there was a debate, some chose to believe, some chose not to. No harm done. We have the right to know what our governments do. After all, we are the ones who vote for them. 

• YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Thu, Dec 9 2010 12:12 PM

Doublemochaman:

wgtleaks.org ?

I thought them was just rumors and such.

Sincerely, Yancy

• Yakublue
    125 Posts
    Thu, Dec 9 2010 5:51 PM

Skadaa Seve............we do not have the right to know what our governments do in our name. That is why the likes of Wikileaks is invaluable to democracy, so we can hold our governments to account, for what they do do in 'our' name. that we do not know about, but later learn. However there is still something that does not sit right that the US government is 'appalled' that it has been 'leaked' that some arabian royal families, diametrically opposed to their peoples' sympathies, would have the 'head of the (Iranian) snake cut off'. 'Secret' information, in a perfectly distributable format, that is readily available to over 3m US public service employees. Think about it. The Yak

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Dec 9 2010 5:59 PM

Doublemochaman:

That wasn't a leak, it was some serious research by Slash. WGT was real quiet about the patent they had but it wasn't a secret. 

I personally can see no good in blowing covers, embarrassing world leaders and compromising behind the scenes work that 90% of us wouldn't understand the logic of anyway. To what end? More animosity amongst the countries or worse yet, another world war? No thanks, let them have their secrets.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Dec 9 2010 6:19 PM

It's a culmination of things that embarks on the beginning of the end. It had to start somewhere, and read some of the responses from the masses that will weigh-in on this issue. Not just here, but from around the news world. 

Jim nailed it IMO.

RSS