Forums

Help › Forums

Re: How much will it cost me?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Nov 22 2010 9:09 PM (4 replies)
  • kaseychief
    75 Posts
    Mon, Nov 22 2010 9:09 AM

Obviously I would like to shoot lower scores, but I need to know how much I will have to spend to shoot those lower scores.

• tygerjr
    722 Posts
    Mon, Nov 22 2010 12:12 PM

hi kasey , some people have made it to master tier using starter clubs , shooting low sixtys.

its up to you ,how much enjoyment you want from it., if you dont want to spend $ ,try the free...

surveys and $ offers.

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Mon, Nov 22 2010 3:12 PM

kaseychief:

Obviously I would like to shoot lower scores, but I need to know how much I will have to spend to shoot those lower scores.

Lower scores will come with playing all the coarses.....over and over and then over again.  We all have gone through being frustrated with the slow process of learning how to play this game. when you can hit the greens with your approach shots 8 out of 9 holes and make all you 8 to 10 foot putts in a round you will think all the work was worth it. Read all the help and tips articles in the forums, a lot of HELP there and before you know it you will have a low average. Also buy the best tools you can afford.  Now it's time to go to work.

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Mon, Nov 22 2010 8:35 PM

You can buy equipment now, but the better stuff is not unlocked until you reach higher levels.  But you will most likely want even better stuff when it unlocks later.  Its a bit of a paradox, waiting means you'll play with inferior equipment, buying now may get you to a higher tier sooner...then you'll want better equipment to compete.  WGT is always introducing better equipment as well...Soooo, there really is no right or wrong...its more about your expectations...Good luck!

Joey 

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Mon, Nov 22 2010 9:09 PM

Kasey, Tygerjr offers some sound advice. Exhaust all playability with your starters first, and while playing, purchase premium golf balls with completed survey credits, then when you reach Tour Pro, you might think about purchasing driver/wedge/putter. In terms of cost, it depends on your level like Joey mentioned.

RSS