Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Why am I penalized?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Nov 14 2010 3:20 PM (8 replies)
  • Chummana
    23 Posts
    Sun, Nov 14 2010 6:09 AM

Why am I penalized for starting this game at a later date?Now Im to far up the levels to turn back now...another 4 lvls or so and I can get the driver I need.I didnt realize the system was this way or I would have sandbagged and stayed at tour pro.Why wouldnt someone do that?Its a damn rough time to do well with a 255yd driver on master tees especially with wind at you.Well for me it is anyway lol.Only for people who signed up after August I guess.../shrug.Is it that big a deal to open up the right drivers at least for the people who have qualified to use them?

• crgade
    490 Posts
    Sun, Nov 14 2010 7:44 AM

what clubs do u need i am fine with rapture set get better wedges putter etc......

• swannyxx
    303 Posts
    Sun, Nov 14 2010 7:54 AM

you should be able to do ok with rapture's except on bpb

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Sun, Nov 14 2010 9:06 AM

quote="Chummana"......I would have sandbagged and stayed at tour pro.Why wouldnt someone do that? Its a damn rough time to do well with a 255yd driver on master tees especially with wind at you.Well for me it is anyway lol

Not only is sandbagging unethical for the "purest" golfer....its for sissies!!! Don't do it.

• Chummana
    23 Posts
    Sun, Nov 14 2010 11:47 AM

I know...I wouldnt sandbag but I feel maybe Im not good enough to be master.

I dont feel like I need better clubs except for a driver...with the 255yd driver Im ending up 150-170 from the green...Im just not good enough to get close enough to the hole from that far away.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sun, Nov 14 2010 11:55 AM

Chumm, no one is good when they first advance tiers, it takes practice to be able to compete in a new tier. Keep persevering. Like the other posters have stated, your clubs are sufficient for the time being. Plus it will take several good rounds for you to advance to the next tier.

GL

• Chummana
    23 Posts
    Sun, Nov 14 2010 12:26 PM

The problem Im having...when I was tour pro my driver was able to get me out where I needed to be.I hit a couple good scores and bam...Im hitting from tees that if I had a 270yd driver I would be pretty close to where I was ending up on the fairway at tour pro.If I understand this right...had I joined a while ago...instead of being a master without having a suitable driver,I could of bought the 270yd driver right when I hit master.To me it just makes more sense that way...if Im good enough to be a master then I should be good enough to use clubs that have enough distance to get me at least close to where I was ending up at the last tier.Im pretty sure as soon as I hit lvl 58 ill be back to hitting under par more regularly.

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Sun, Nov 14 2010 1:10 PM

Keep banging away Chummana. It takes a long time to get good enough to hit em close. Buy the best clubs that you can,especial wedges and putters. 

• W000T
    104 Posts
    Sun, Nov 14 2010 3:20 PM

Chummana:

Why am I penalized for starting this game at a later date?Now Im to far up the levels to turn back now...another 4 lvls or so and I can get the driver I need.I didnt realize the system was this way or I would have sandbagged and stayed at tour pro.Why wouldnt someone do that?Its a damn rough time to do well with a 255yd driver on master tees especially with wind at you.Well for me it is anyway lol.Only for people who signed up after August I guess.../shrug.Is it that big a deal to open up the right drivers at least for the people who have qualified to use them?

That's exactly how I felt except worse, since I use starter clubs.

RSS