Forums

Help › Forums

Re: I shouldn't even have to say this, but...

Fri, Dec 19 2014 8:42 AM (48 replies)
  • drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Thu, Dec 18 2014 5:11 AM

Lol, you're welcome.

Doc :)

• mnshiner
    1,382 Posts
    Thu, Dec 18 2014 10:06 AM

Here is what is going on MR.Caddie. I sent this player a gift when YancyCan was Santa without a "Thank You" in return.

Here is what this fellow is posting now:
    Dear Santa I beg you again.my wish is Taylor made Rocket ballz iron set or Ping G25 iron set. Merry Christmas and have good days

You stated that you are trying to keep track of the original thread. Go back to Day 15 and see what Overtheedge posted and you will see what I am trying to point out.

Here I'll make it easier for you:
    WTG Yanc. Im sure all the straight up girls and boys received a visit from the ole Yancy Claus. Oh and btw,,,,, I could use 10 sleeves of gb's. Hey! if you can only swing 9 sleeves that will be okay,,,I guess :< ( . Also- the new Big Bertha Driver, a Custom Avatar, and a month supply of Speed Boost. Again, if you can only swing a 3 week supply of the Boost I guess I can live with that. And last but surely not least, New Odyssey putter. If it has to be the Nike, welll then, I don't want it!

There too many high level players asking for things they do not need. And if what I read right by your original post this was not supposed to happen. Cannot folks read?

Are folks going to gift folks high dollar stuff so they can turn around and sell it back because they already have it.

I have to give a real shout out for Opy who kept track on who YancyCan and his few elves decided to gift to

Last but not least to all the remaining Santas out there just because you look at what is in their bag before gifting doesn't mean they already don't have it.

Happy Holidays everyone, going to gift club members only next go round!

• DaveDwingdale
    1,240 Posts
    Thu, Dec 18 2014 11:28 AM

mnshiner:
    Here I'll make it easier for you:

WTG Yanc. Im sure all the straight up girls and boys received a visit from the ole Yancy Claus. Oh and btw,,,,, I could use 10 sleeves of gb's. Hey! if you can only swing 9 sleeves that will be okay,,,I guess :< ( . Also- the new Big Bertha Driver, a Custom Avatar, and a month supply of Speed Boost. Again, if you can only swing a 3 week supply of the Boost I guess I can live with that. And last but surely not least, New Odyssey putter. If it has to be the Nike, welll then, I don't want it!

mnshiner, I'm sure you didn't mean to but you made it seem like Overtheedge was really asking for all those things. Actually he was making the point that people were being very unrealistic with their requests. At least that is how I read it. (I hope that's what he meant.)

• mnshiner
    1,382 Posts
    Thu, Dec 18 2014 11:51 AM

I realize that but I also stated go back to the mrcaddies original thread. I screwed up, I know he was making fun, better yet he was telling the truth. I just didn't post it right.

There I admit to doing something wrong, better than WGT does.

I hope nobody from the Feds reads this:
    I want to say "Thanks to all the Corn Growers, Sugar Cane Growers, Fruit Growers and to All the Mom & Pop Stores where supplies were on hand for helping Granny making this a Good Year.

Beverley Hills here I come!

Carry on.

• DaveDwingdale
    1,240 Posts
    Thu, Dec 18 2014 12:55 PM

mnshiner:

I realize that but I also stated go back to the mrcaddies original thread. I screwed up, I know he was making fun, better yet he was telling the truth. I just didn't post it right.

There I admit to doing something wrong, better than WGT does.

I hope nobody from the Feds reads this:
    I want to say "Thanks to all the Corn Growers, Sugar Cane Growers, Fruit Growers and to All the Mom & Pop Stores where supplies were on hand for helping Granny making this a Good Year.

Beverley Hills here I come!

Carry on.

Agree with you on all of the above. I just didn't want anyone to get the wrong idea about Overtheedge. And Merry Christmas to you and your's !

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Thu, Dec 18 2014 7:21 PM

SweetiePie:

drmoose:
    What the hell is wrong with people ?

That is the answer. They spend their lives trying to get there, and then say, once a year, the good 0l' handy, PC go-to standby "Happy Holidays" to avoid offending fools by saying "Merry Christmas !"

Wait wut? Cuz, like if you drag the Pope in here... Well.. ya... just don't ;-)

• nonstoptaxi
    51 Posts
    Fri, Dec 19 2014 3:41 AM

things you give with right hand , your left hand should not know about it. its a saying....

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Fri, Dec 19 2014 7:40 AM

Doc Moose, there is a chance the people being sent gifts aren't aware that it's happened.  Unless that person is on your friends list they don't get a message telling them they have a gift, only an email notification if they have them enabled.

I know this because I got sent a sleeve of balls by Lizard69 today and did not get a message, only an email.

Random acts of kindness aren't always unappreciated, they just sometimes go unnoticed.

• cappy11
    1,173 Posts
    Fri, Dec 19 2014 8:42 AM

Here's one for you:

I had the privilege of hosting Day 11  his year (Thank You again mrcaddie)  and a guy nicely asks for a Full set of R11 Irons. At the end of the day I am trying to Gift as many people as I possibly can and to him I send a sleeve of Callaway Balls with the following note " Wish the budget would stretch that far but some new Callaways should help you hit them farther and straighter. Merry Christmas."

Today he sends me that same sleeve of balls back ( which I do not use ) with the following note "I appreciate the gift however better balls are not going to help me with the clubs I have. Hope you can put them to better use." The guy is using throw away WGT Starter Balls now............   Who Knew ?

You'll forgive me if don't thank him !!!

Just wish WGT would allow me to gift them to someone who would actually TRY and Use them.........

oh Well

cap

RSS