Help › Forums

Re: Buy a decent putter.. It is worth it

rated by 0 users
Sun, Nov 21 2010 7:47 PM (53 replies)
  • borntobesting
    9,632 Posts
    Sat, Nov 20 2010 6:56 PM

PeterHopper:

Am I right in thinking that with the Redwood you have to hit it much wider of the ding for slope than a starter/beginner putter?

First thing that makes the redwood a better putter is the much higher precision rating 4 dots to 1 1/2  and also a little more forgiveness. The swing meter is much faster though so it does take some time to adjust to it. Another plus is the different meter lengths. The redwood has 15 -30-45-90-150 and 300. if I remember correctly the starter and beginners start at 25. Could be wrong though it has been over a year since i used it. One reason you may not be as impressed with the redwood as the people that are bragging about it so much is that you have the level 44 redwood and for the most part they are talking about the level 72 redwood. As for the wider ding, I'm not sure what you mean. I read my break and try to hit the ding dead center and let the putter do its job. Don't always do it but with its accuracy i make many putts that I used to miss.Edit Ok I think ?I understand now you are one of the ones who misses the ding intentionally not moving the aim arrow. I have never been able to putt like that. But with its higher precision and forgiveness many people who putt like that have trouble with any of the better putters to start with.

• PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Sun, Nov 21 2010 7:34 PM

mohuyu:

If you're one of those people that don't move the marker and miss the ding intentionally ... I don't know about that.

Oh my good lord.

I have never moved the marker on the greens in my life. Never even thought about it. I thought it was all about going left or right of the ding. 

I am going to have to start learning the putting all over again.

TBF I am at master level and have been doing fine on the greens. Now I am going to have to study all those putting threads.

• PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Sun, Nov 21 2010 7:36 PM

borntobesting:

Edit Ok I think ?I understand now you are one of the ones who misses the ding intentionally not moving the aim arrow. I have never been able to putt like that. But with its higher precision and forgiveness many people who putt like that have trouble with any of the better putters to start with.

Yep, See my post above.

• PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Sun, Nov 21 2010 7:47 PM

LOL. I putted 3 back to back birdies after reading this.

RSS