Help › Forums

Re: TIBBETS

Mon, Nov 8 2010 2:33 PM (34 replies)
  • VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Mon, Nov 8 2010 8:20 AM

Faterson:

VanHalenLover:
    What on earth would wgt need two copies of our profile for?

There are no "2 copies", of course.    Just 2 URLs (addresses) pointing to the same webpage. A trivial and common thing on the Internet.

huh ???? 2 different addresses pointing to the same page, lol?  They are in two unique directories, meaning they are two unique documents.

They are obviously using server-side scripting, hence the .aspx; but this still does not explain the two duplicate page builds. I'm wondering if they somehow lost track of using usernames, and are using a database conversion between the username and playerid, depending on where the link was initiated from.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Mon, Nov 8 2010 8:26 AM

VanHalenLover:
    They are in two unique directories, meaning they are two unique documents.

Nonsense; evidently you've never heard of virtual directories. Also, the pages are filled with database content anyway, so to refer to any profile page as existing in "two copies" is doubly absurd.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Mon, Nov 8 2010 9:27 AM

I'm fairly comfy with middleware, but this still does not explain the two different directory paths. 

You might notice the protocol and domain are consistent on those two addresses, and only the path is unique.....

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Mon, Nov 8 2010 2:14 PM

It's irrelevant.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Nov 8 2010 2:33 PM

I love Faterson!

RSS