Forums

Help › Forums

Re: UEL Ryder Cup @ Pinehurst: Sep20-Oct13

Fri, Oct 17 2014 4:57 PM (366 replies)
  • LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Mon, Sep 29 2014 3:12 AM

Love the idea of the 18 holes for such competition like this but on the other hand I see 60 - 45 secs is way too little to make the best shots decisions.....on UEL.

Perhaps only the singles could be played 18 holes & leave the foursomes or fourball to 9 holes anyways....it could work in my opinion. I think players can easily commit to play 18 holes in single matches.

Hell, ROW, we need to wake up m8's!!! The Virtual UEL Ryder Cup ought to remain in ROW ground....just like the real Ryder Cup remained in Europe.

GO ROW GO!!!

Eric 

• KyRock75
    411 Posts
    Mon, Sep 29 2014 7:53 AM

ColumbusStorm:
    Hopefully I'm not notoriously slow, but I do know there are some shots I will use most of the 90 seconds in UEL games.

I was in no way talking about you CS.  I was talking about games in past that i have played w/ my usual playing pards.

• ColumbusStorm
    3,417 Posts
    Mon, Sep 29 2014 8:51 AM

KyRock75:
    I was in no way talking about you CS.  I was talking about games in past that i have played w/ my usual playing pards.

That is what I assumed, I didn't think you were referring to me...lol. The couple times we've played together went very well and enjoyable.

Even Alt Shot UEL for 18 holes might not be too long. Just the UEL Fourball (Best Ball) could take too long in one sitting.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Mon, Sep 29 2014 11:42 AM

fredsf:
    johehejo and Rupuel played an awesome game. I'd say 6 or 7 birdies out of 8 holes played

Sounds like a fabulous match, Fred. 

Congratulations to Jorg & Mark on their win, a much-needed one for the ROW team, taking the current match score to Team USA 7 - Team ROW 4.

So, we are now just waiting on the final Foursomes Match, match B, which takes place Wednesday @ 9:30am WGT time.

In the meantime, planning is under way for the Singles series...

I will post the full written-up listing this afternoon, when I have a little more time... but as an exciting sneak preview, here are screenshots of the captains' 'Secret Envelope' line-ups, which I put in the spreadsheet last night, and found to my surprise and delight, that every match has availability overlap:

And here's the the Singles line-up Chart. Note: some matches will need to be played at the weekend.

Full write-up to follow, but please do note that play can start earlier than this coming weekend, but should not start before Wednesday (so that the Foursomes can be finished first).

P.S. Some cracking looking Singles matches in there! And I can't believe I've ended up with Cerino: what are the odds!

• ColumbusStorm
    3,417 Posts
    Mon, Sep 29 2014 2:43 PM

Corwyn:
    And I can't believe I've ended up with Cerino: what are the odds!

Are you worried? That's a big match for each team. Go Cerino, Go USA!

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Mon, Sep 29 2014 3:00 PM

That was supposed to be a joke! The odds are 12-1 I presume... 

And no, I'm not worried, lol!

It's kind of fitting, I guess. Cerino and I have been bashing away at Uneven Lies since the beginning, and both trying to spread the gospel!

• devonnnnn
    1,085 Posts
    Mon, Sep 29 2014 3:42 PM

I ended up with exactly who I wanted to play. Thanks guys :)

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Mon, Sep 29 2014 3:45 PM

Corwyn:

That was supposed to be a joke! The odds are 12-1 I presume... 

And no, I'm not worried, lol!

It's kind of fitting, I guess. Cerino and I have been bashing away at Uneven Lies since the beginning, and both trying to spread the gospel!

This worked out exactly as I wanted. We used to have the same clubs and just told each other our shots so we both would play better and feed off each other's shots. We played some surreal fantastic games that way.

But............ I think it's about damn time Corwyn played without all my advice.

~CD~

P.S. FAST and loose.. :-O

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Mon, Sep 29 2014 4:37 PM

Ha, ha, Cerino,  You crack me up!

Here is the promised full posting line-up for the Week 3 Singles Matches:

---------------------------------------------

Week 3  (from Sat 10/4 Wed 10/1 to Mon 10/13) will be 12 singles matches, played over all 18 holes at Pinehurst #2 with the following conditions:

Pinehurst #2 :: 2-player Matchplay :: Scored :: Full 18 holes :: Uneven Lies :: 90 second timer :: all other conditions as set by the game lobby

Please note: Matches should end at the 18th, if they haven't ended earlier. You should not play Extra Holes. If match is tied after 18, then the result is A/S, and each team wins 1/2 pt.

The line-up for the 3rd week Singles Matches, to be completed by Mon 13th Oct, is as follows: see Chart here

ROW Team                 vs          USA

A ::        KonradOse                   vs          mmyers0

B ::        MainzMan                    vs          GolferDadRB 

C ::        jsweetcr                       vs          BigKnight

D ::        Corwyn                        vs          CerinoDevoti

E ::        FairwayRuepel68         vs          Devonnnnn

F ::        Bonalyau                      vs          ColumbusStorm

G ::       stevereilly                     vs          bhoese

H ::        javiertorg                     vs          JJ656

I ::         Dazza501                    vs          Wesdogg75

J ::         fmagnets                     vs          fredsf

K ::       cricketrules                   vs          KyRock75

L ::        johehejo                       vs          iconian

A word on the process here... As as I do every time, I followed the set-out procedure for setting up matches (see bottom of page 7 of the thread), starting with 1-1, 2-2 etc of the captains' secret envelopes. Thankfully, every match has viable overlap, so the first iteration is the one we use!

Suggested dates/times for Matches: will follow in a subsequent post if needed...

Here is the Chart in picture form: right-click to open in new tab, (note: it's easier to read in the spreadsheet itself; also the spreadsheet will be constantly updated; it's dynamic, while this pic below is not!)

link to large pic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What to do next?

Send Friend Requests to your opponent from the other team. Either use this forum thread to confirm your matches via public replies (please quote this post and any relevant replies to make it easier to track), or do it all via PMs. [Always post here in the thread so we know you are scheduled.]

This tourney will not work if you rely on just 'catching your opponent green' -- you must schedule a specific time and date, and be there at that time!

The USA team, as competition leaders, still have the honor, and so should set up the Singles matches and be the first to tee off. 

Please each capture and share scorecard screenshots in the forum thread (winner should post if they are able; loser should capture card and save just in case it's needed). Note that there can be an A/S result, which will mean 1/2 point to each team.

Any questions, please ask here!

Thanks, and good luck to everyone, Corwyn

Now that we are down to 2-player games, it will be possible to have a 3rd player join and livestream (and hopefully, record/archive the stream) some matches.

If you are willing to have your match streamed, and have the time to have a 3rd player join you, please post here in the thread...

... and, if we have any willing 'streamers' please come forward!
  • fredsf
    1,460 Posts
    Mon, Sep 29 2014 5:11 PM

Corwyn:

Here is the line-up for the Week 3 Singles Matches:

---------------------------------------------

Week 3  (from Sat 10/4 Wed 10/1 to Mon 10/13) will be 12 singles matches, played over all 18 holes at Pinehurst #2 with the following conditions:

Pinehurst #2 :: 2-player Matchplay :: Scored :: Full 18 holes :: Uneven Lies :: 90 second timer :: all other conditions as set by the game lobby

ROW Team                 vs          USA

J ::         fmagnets                     vs          fredsf

What to do next?

Corwyn, here is what I thought about this last question after I got this lineup:

1st, I thought, ok Fred just...RUUUUUUN!!!!! Good thing you call them "secret envelop and not magic envelop" because right now I don't see any magic around me!!!

fmagnets then! Alright, I'm a big boy, I can manage the strange feeling that burns me right now ;)

I know when "mag" saw the line up, he thought deep in himself  "Oh crap, I got Fred!!!" and thought about running away too. I want to tell him: Don't worry bro, it will hurt but we'll have fun! ;)

Captain Russ, here is the plan though (Phil said we need a plan! lol):

1st tee shot I'll make the faster swing I've ever done, right on...Mag's left leg! I'll send him straight to the 19th hole where the bar tender will have bandages and gallons of beer ready for him. I want this game to be fair ;)

The good thing with this game is that all the debate on 9 or 18 holes for the next Ryder cup is non sense, Mag and I will show you how to play 18 holes in less than 45 mn! Also, this allow to play anytime bro, I can wake up in the middle of the night for 30-45 min. and go back to bed without waking up mom! lol

Man! Corwyn! I've heard so many of my team mates saying "I want Mag in the singles!" Who heard me saying something that stupid??? NO ONE! (laughing alone big time as I write this post)

Alright Mag, If you read this and if you're still ready to play (I know you have a hard time right now knowing who is your opponent) I'm available every weekday from 3:30 to 5:30 am, 4:30 to 9:00 pm  and all day in the week ends. Just so you know and you can go to the practice course, right?  ;)

"Friend" invite sent... Russ, Have I ever told you I hate you? lol

RSS