Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Help wanted: Which putter to choose?

rated by 0 users
Sat, Oct 16 2010 9:28 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • cozmozogg
    167 Posts
    Tue, Oct 12 2010 1:14 PM

oh, and it's rosa... level 55 and 750 pennies:)

• Toothpaste
    37 Posts
    Sat, Oct 16 2010 7:20 AM

Hello again guys, and once again thank you for your time to help me out.

I became L44 yesterday, it took me 18 days. And today, on day 19, I bought the L44 putter, the Ping REdwood ZB putter. Unfortunately, rosa will have to wait, level 55 was really to far for me to wait. Getting them levels wasnt that easy for me.

I have so far played two 18 courses with the new putter and... oh-my-god, what a difference!

I'm still aiming like if I was on LSD, but I really do feel that I have more control now. And my misses arent done by 2-3 feet from a 20+ ft distance, but by inches and it happens that I manage to put down some shots that I wouldnt even dreamed of before with the starter putter. This change made the game a way more fun now.

I was also given some bonus balls when I bought the credits for the putter. And a mixture of the new club, and the balls, really did it for me today. I scored 70 on the Scottish course which put me in the 45th place! My avarage is everything from 75 to 80.

I might even win some dought this month, woohoo! And if that wasnt enough, I did manage to put down a 51ft putt! It gave me an eagle! Excitiiiiing!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Oct 16 2010 7:48 AM

Great move, TP. I doubt by the time you get to the Rossa level that you will be getting it. The Master version of that putter is more accurate but not a whole different from what you have. You will do well with that putter.

Question on using it--Do you guesstimate the power of your putts or do you go by the avatar moves like Niv laid out in the Putting Tips?

A good thread on that topic.........http://wgt.com/forums/p/22186/127277.aspx#127277  GL

• Toothpaste
    37 Posts
    Sat, Oct 16 2010 8:06 AM

Thanks.

I dont really have any trouble with judging the distance, I'm using my own invention to help me with the meter. The problem I'm facing every time, is the aiming left or right. If its really hilly, I can even miss a 2ft putt.

Frankly, most of the birdies I make is thanks to me missing the ding with 1/5th of an inch hehe.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Oct 16 2010 9:28 AM

Toothpaste:
    I'm using my own invention to help me with the meter

A clever one at that, too. I remember being impressed by it when you posted it. Didn't realize that was you.

Your missing and getting birdies is not that far fetched. Many players putt this way ( myself sometimes) and it's very effective. Just remember, you will always have a chance to sink the putt if you miss the ding on the high side but will never make it if you miss low. GL

• PAGES
RSS