Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Climate Change group makes commercial threatening to kill people who don't reduce their "carbon footprint"

Tue, Oct 5 2010 4:24 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Oct 5 2010 2:17 AM

CharlemagneRH:
    I also think people who hate to see animals owned by humans are pretty crazy.  Man and animal have been joined at the hip for tens of thousands of years, and there is nothing wrong with it.  Locking an animal up in a tiny cage for long periods of time, for their entire life is obviously not good

Ah, reminds me of that wonderful movie by Mr. Hitchcock, called The Birds. (I have a personal autograph from the screenwriter of that movie, Evan Hunter, much better known as Ed McBain.) I was always surprised how many people failed to pay proper notice to the "bird in cage" motive at the beginning of that movie.  

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, Oct 5 2010 7:46 AM

It looks like an extreme position from the tree-huggers and the bleeding hearts. You know, "Save the whales" BS.

Bloody rubbish.  lol!!

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Oct 5 2010 7:55 AM

It's a lot smarter than that. While watching the clip, I was unsure whether it was made by the environmentalists or the anti-environmentalists, because the clip is obviously a critique of totalitarianism (= preventing individuals from differing from majority opinion). The idea of promoting one's own agenda through an ostensible critique of one's own attitude is rather clever.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, Oct 5 2010 1:06 PM

Yeah, that's what I said Faterson, only I used laymen terms. :) It was easy to see what the agenda was early on in the video for me. That's what the bleeding hearts in America would like to do to the people who don't conform to their Liberal agenda.

America had a problem with Eco terrorist several years back when Conservatives were buying Hummers to make a point about the sky-rocket price of gasoline. The terrorist were targeting Hummer dealerships and did some considerable damage too. So you're right in a sense, the stupidity flows from both sides of the isle essentially.

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Tue, Oct 5 2010 3:07 PM

Hey guys, I have removed the video in question as crossing the line.

For more info on the subject, there are a few articles out there, and the video is still available online in some locations should you be interested in seeing what the debate is about .

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Tue, Oct 5 2010 3:38 PM

WGTadmin:

Hey guys, I have removed the video in question as crossing the line.

For more info on the subject, there are a few articles out there, and the video is still available online in some locations should you be interested in seeing what the debate is about .

In my defense, it was intended for general consumption, and few web sites have any problem with displaying it, including youtube and many news organizations.

It is obviously a tasteless video, but the fact that these people wanted to show this to children is also why it should be addressed.

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Tue, Oct 5 2010 4:24 PM

i didn`t actually find it that offensive(hostel..saw ??)...cartoon graphics and all...though i thought they struggled to get their point across...the point being....its all about the Illuminati!

• PAGES
RSS