Forums

Help › Forums

Climate Change group makes commercial threatening to kill people who don't reduce their "carbon footprint"

Tue, Oct 5 2010 4:24 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 10:14 AM

Warning: Video features simulation of people being blown to bloody bits.

Removed as falling under "offensive language or images." section of the Terms & Conditions. -WGTadmin

The makers of the video, 1010global.org, pulled the video from its web site within hours.  In place of the video, they put an apology, saying that some found the video "extremely funny," which was later removed because, to any right-thinking individual, it was clearly a stupid thing to say (except if you were trying to fend off legal ramifications by passing it off as humor.)  It boggles the mind how anyone could think this is funny, except in the sense that there was a group of people out there that thought making this commercial was a good idea.

Not only is it not funny, it is also terrorism.  Terrorism is violence or the threat of violence in order to intimidate a population to affect political change.  I wonder when exactly Gillian Anderson is going to be arraigned on terrorism charges.

1,644 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 11:35 AM

And yet you posted a copy of this very disturbing video because.....

With all due respect, this does not have any place on this site, not even in "And Everything Else"

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 11:47 AM

That's supposed to be British humour, guys. You haven't watched many Monty Python's videos, have you? Seems to me like every 2nd Python's episode contained scenes like this.    I neither enjoyed the clip nor was I outraged by it; I could have spent the 4 minutes in a better way, probably.

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 11:51 AM

And yet you posted a copy of this very disturbing video because.....

With all due respect, this does not have any place on this site, not even in "And Everything Else"

It's in The Guardian, the BBC, The Telegraph, on the Fox News web site, The Independent, TIME.com, and dozens of other newspapers and news web sites.  It was also a commercial that was apparently meant for general consumption.

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 12:22 PM

Ahem... British humour? NOT meant to be taken seriously?

1,644 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 12:43 PM

Okay then.... why don't we all click on it and feed the mass media sensationalism machine.... it's all about the ratings and website hits isn't it.

/sarcasm off

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 12:52 PM

Okay then.... why don't we all click on it and feed the mass media sensationalism machine.... it's all about the ratings and website hits isn't it.

/sarcasm off

You couldn't find a bigger critic of the mass media than myself.  In no way am I attempting to help them, but rather I am simply sharing something that I feel ought to be met widespread condemnation in order to preserve standards.

Negative backlash can be very useful.  It, after all, is responsible for the almost immediate removal of the video from the organization's web sites.  Seeing as how I was employed a few years ago as a designer and installer of renewable energy devices, I have a stake in the matter.  I know full-well that some who parade around with "green" banners are crass and fascist, and I don't much care for them.  I'd much prefer to be part of a group of people that are known to lower electricity bills and lower power loss due to voltage drop on power lines, not a group of people that are attempting to force everyone to ride a bike to work, hiss at people driving trucks, even though they need them for their work, depopulate the Earth down to 50 million people, and force everyone to lead primitive lives.

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 10:23 PM

"depopulate the Earth down to 50 million people, and force everyone to lead primitive lives."

Interesting video Charle, watched most of it without sound, and personally got a chuckle, Satire comedy hits a soft spot in me. Huge Stooge fan.  Yea I'm kinda weird. LOL

So seeings how this thread is in the correct category. (..and everything else..) I personally believe that those pushing the global warming/erratic climate change machine or what ever the term their using now would use THE BUTTON if it was available to them

So that said, I got a search project for you Charle or anyone else thats interested or believes the earth is overpopulated. Has to do with your last statement ".......depopulate the Earth down to 50 mil......

Is it a fact that the total population in the world past and present would fit in their own housing within the boundaries of the state of Texas?

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 11:22 PM

268,820 sq mi * (5280 ft) ^2 / 7,000,000,000 = 1070 sq ft/person

A family of 4 could fit on 4280 sq ft (65x66'), so yes.  It wouldn't sustain them, but yeah, the houses would fit.

As far as the depopulation goes, here is an example quote, from Paul Watson, leader of Sea Shepherd Conversation Society, which is featured on the Animal Planet TV show Whale Wars:

I was once severely criticized for describing human beings as being the "AIDS of the Earth." I make no apologies for that statement. Our viral like behaviour can be terminal both to the present biosphere and ourselves. We are both the pathogen and the vector. But we also have the capability of being the anti-virus if only we can recognize the symptoms and address the disease with effective measures of control.

We should not be living in human communities that enclose tiny preserved ecosystems within them. Human communities should be maintained in small population enclaves within linked wilderness ecosystems. No human community should be larger than 20,000 people and separated from other communities by wilderness areas. Communication systems can link the communities.

We need to radically and intelligently reduce human populations to fewer than one billion. We need to eliminate nationalism and tribalism and become Earthlings.

Sea transportation should be by sail.  (Funny that he says this, as his Sea Shepherd boat, which is very large, is not operated by sail.)

Who should have children? Those who are responsible and completely dedicated to the responsibility which is actually a very small percentage of humans.

Curing a body of cancer requires radical and invasive therapy, and therefore, curing the biosphere of the human virus will also require a radical and invasive approach.

Of course, I think people should be reasonable and respect the fact that we have limited resources, but many "green" activists are zealots and go too far overboard.  Watson is a great example of this.

I also think people who hate to see animals owned by humans are pretty crazy.  Man and animal have been joined at the hip for tens of thousands of years, and there is nothing wrong with it.  Locking an animal up in a tiny cage for long periods of time, for their entire life is obviously not good, but there is nothing wrong with a house cat or a dog that lives in the backyard, so long as you afford it the ability to have a respectable existence.

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 11:51 PM

268,820 sq mi * (5280 ft) ^2 / 7,000,000,000 = 1070 sq ft/person

A family of 4 could fit on 4280 sq ft (65x66'), so yes.  It wouldn't sustain them, but yeah, the houses would fit.

Bravo Charle, my point being that the world is not over populated. 

As to sustenance H2o/water does not reproduce. You and I today, are drinking the same clean water that the first humans drank approximatively 7000 yrs ago, Rain makes that a fact.    Food? I think we can just look at what the nation of Israel has done with hydroponics and other ways to produce food. 

Just some food for thought...no pun intended.

• PAGES
RSS