Forums

Help › Forums

Re: HOW DO I MOVE FROM AMATEUR TO PRO???

Sat, Aug 11 2018 7:02 AM (37 replies)
  • TopShelf2010
    10,881 Posts
    Thu, Jun 14 2018 5:41 PM

• Robert1893
    7,673 Posts
    Thu, Jun 14 2018 6:24 PM

JSpiethFryingPan:

Hi WGT players,

My average is 77.13 and I've played 15 ranked rounds. Why am I still not in pro tier?

Also keep in mind that you need a certain number of rounds at your current tier. So, to advance to Pro tier you need a minimum of 10 rounds at Amateur tier plus and average of less than 80.

• golfmax13
    6 Posts
    Sun, Aug 5 2018 11:48 AM
    Ladychipper:

I found this in here:

When you have played 5 ranked rounds as Hack and achieve an average of 100.00 or lower, you are promoted to Amateur.

When you have played 10 ranked rounds as Amateur and achieve an average of 80.00 or lower, you are promoted to Pro.

When you have played 20 ranked rounds as Pro and achieve an average of 72.00 or lower, you are promoted to Tour Pro.

When you have played 25 ranked rounds as Tour Pro and achieve an average of 67.00 or lower, you are promoted to Master.

When you have played 40 ranked rounds as Master and achieve an average of 63.00 or lower, you are promoted to Tour Master.

When you have played 50 ranked rounds as Tour Master and achieve an average of 61.00 or lower, you are promoted to Legend.

When you have played 500 ranked rounds as Legend and achieve an average of 60.00 or lower, you are promoted to Tour Legend.

Ranked rounds are rounds played through stroke play not ctth, blitz or match play.

You can lower your average in match play if you win against a higher tiered player though up until you hit Legend.

I was a master at level 60 but played in only 1 or 2 tournaments. Only played match play. There must be something in addition to these rules?
  • TopShelf2010
    10,881 Posts
    Sun, Aug 5 2018 4:49 PM

• golfmax13
    6 Posts
    Sun, Aug 5 2018 6:53 PM
    I’m on iPad so that very well may be true.
  • damejune2
    6 Posts
    Wed, Aug 8 2018 5:32 PM

First off, that whole spiel about lowering your average in order to move up is a total crock. I'm level 81, 69 average, 130 ranked rounds played and yet I'm still on Tour Pro tier. I keep a list of people I play against lately and having lots of ranked rounds combined with a low average is just not accurate at all. Recently I played a guy who was on Master Tier, level 75, 23 ranked rounds played and an average of 79. I asked him in chat when was he promoted to master and he said level 54 and that was with zero ranked rounds played, starter clubs, starter balls, etc.

So the system for promoting is just screwy imo. I emailed support about this and they said they don't reveal their system for promoting tiers. I think they know if they did there would be lots of backlash from the community because the system obviously stinks and is not skill based. When I was level 54 I had 30 something ranked rounds played and my avg was 67. I think they have some program, some automated system that promotes a certain amount of players each hour/day/per level advancement. I think it's a matter of being online and leveling up at the right time. 

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Sat, Aug 11 2018 12:02 AM

Please go read Robert's reply to you on the other thread.  He linked a post that explains the system and why you are where you are.  There is a system and your average is not low enough for Master.  You need to go below 67.00 for that - with enough ranked rounds at Tour Pro.

You will also learn, if you read a bit, that everyone's average starts completely over each time you tier up so your previous average does not mean a thing.  Also, when you tier up, something gets harder (longer tees or higher green speed, etc.) so your average will go up at first.  If you shoot a 75 your first round at any tier, then 75 is your new average and the ranked round count starts over - as far as tiering up goes.

My average was below 63 not that many days ago when I moved up to Tour Master and now it's over 70 because I am having to adjust to this tier.  I will have to get it down below 61.00 to tier up again - it will be a while!

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Sat, Aug 11 2018 7:02 AM

@damejune2: Your perceptions are incorrect. Average and tiering IS about scores and round numbers, but there are quite a few details altering and hiding it.

Take players coming from Facebook.

Take players on mobile, playing no ranked rounds.

Take players winning matches or credits.

The company won't give their secret away, for various possible reasons. The reasons  NOT involved are arbitrariness and "right time" issues.

BTW, you are faring quite well as a TP.

You have about 90 ranked TP rounds, and your average is calculated from 25 scores between 31 and 37. That means, you have broken the barrier, and you might do it again!

Your best scores (to my knowledge) are 31, 32, 32, 33. Only these four (doubled) are below the threshold of 67.00. Therefore, only scores of 33 and better will bring you "over the bridge". Any amelioration by higher scores is futile.

OTOH, after the next round below 37, scores of 36 up won't alter your average at all.

BTW2: You might support your chances by replacing the $%&§ Starter wedges by two short custom wedges. L39 ATV are nice, and L80 Cleves are top quality - or wait for the L89 ATVs.

Have fun!

RSS