Help › Forums

HOW DO I MOVE FROM AMATEUR TO PRO???

Sat, Aug 11 2018 7:02 AM (37 replies)
  • JERZYJAYRO
    3 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 9:41 AM

IM @ LEVEL 27 AND MY AVERAGE IS 80.43

I PLAY MOSTLY CLUB TOURNEYS

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW DO I MOVE UP MY STATUS PRO? ETC.....

CAN ANYONE HELP ME UNDERSTAND, I AM NEW TO WGT ONLY BEEN PLAYIN A FEW WEEKS JUST WANNA KNOW WHAT GOING ON

THANKS

JAYRO

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 10:35 AM

Good day ,  It works on your avg score , whay that # is Im not sure. Many players here have made master with the starter clubs,, learn the courses and you will see your avg come down,,  Good luck and enjoy the game

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 10:38 AM

As you score better in ranked games the system will automatically move you to the correct tier so that you will compete with players of skill.

• JERZYJAYRO
    3 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 10:55 AM

WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY "RANKED" GAMES?

SORRY IM STILL NEW

IS THERE A SCALE TO FOLLOW SO I KNOW WHEN IM GETTING CLOSER TO MOVING UP TO PRO???

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 10:57 AM

JERZYJAYRO:

IM @ LEVEL 27 AND MY AVERAGE IS 80.43

I PLAY MOSTLY CLUB TOURNEYS

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW DO I MOVE UP MY STATUS PRO?

Hey there fella. To answer your question what does your avg. need to be to get to pro status its somewhere in the high 70's. Nobody really knows exactly what that number is. I can remember my avg. being in the high 70's when I got moved to Pro. I'm now a Tour Pro and I carry a low 70's avg. I did get my avg. down to 69 point something but wasn't moved to master. I am trying though. And fyi.......your level of points has no bearing on what tier your in. I'm a level 41 and still a Tour Pro. So you could get up to level 95 and still be at the Amateur tier with a low 80's avg. Lots of luck to you on the courses!!

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 3:44 PM

JERZYJAYRO:
    WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY "RANKED" GAMES?

A ranked game is anything other than practice. When you play in a tournament that is considered a ranked game. If you set up a game you have the choice between a practice round, which doesn't count towards your average, and a ranked round which does count towards your average. Also CTTH mode, Blitz mode, and Match play  does not count towards your average. Hope this helps and welcome to the game ad good luck to ya.

• gene1022
    112 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 4:12 PM

When your avg score drops below 80 you will become a pro automaticly

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 9:22 PM

Matchplay games aren't ranked either.

• ultimateklyn
    1 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2010 5:07 PM

im 78 and still amateur!!!!

• oldskooler
    21 Posts
    Fri, Oct 29 2010 9:26 AM

ultimateklyn:

im 78 and still amateur!!!!

Well then it's lower than 78, they've changed it recently in this last update I think, don't know when the changes are now.

Kevin

RSS