Help › Forums

Re: LegendCrusher Memorial!!!

Sat, Aug 1 2015 3:02 AM (204 replies)
  • alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Apr 16 2014 6:46 PM

chris2345:

death is part of life???

Lets get over it....lets move on, instead of writing  sorry  posts..

No comment..

• chris2345
    528 Posts
    Wed, Apr 16 2014 6:50 PM

alcaucin:
    No comment..

But you just did.....lol

• jcgfree
    1,109 Posts
    Wed, Apr 16 2014 8:45 PM

alcaucin:

Why can't we set our own tourney up ?

Pick a course and we all pledge and play within a 48 hour window

Everyone throws in what they can afford, be it  $1 or $50

The accrued $ pledges can then can be given out / gifted by the winner to others

I'm sure the winner will have common sense and gift as Rich would have..

Might be hard to work ?  Just an idea off top of head.

Andy

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/231458.aspx

I was thinking 4 rounds over 4 weeks, but I can shorten it if that seems like a better idea?

And for what it's worth. This is what Mark is doing over at WGTLS:

Postby Mwh65 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:17 am

Very sorry to hear this.

I will dedicate next Sundays KO to LeGeNdCrUsHeR ...

• mgbirish
    4,019 Posts
    Wed, Apr 16 2014 9:31 PM

chris2345:

Yea all gd, played with him many a times, damn he's still on my friends list. 

But death is part of life???

Lets get over it....lets move on, instead of writing  sorry  posts..

I just got over you!

• mgbirish
    4,019 Posts
    Wed, Apr 16 2014 9:39 PM

What is truly sad, no fricking input from WGT, obviously attributed to sorry ass top management, yes that be you Chad!

Nine pages, no WGT response, amazing!

Now all the WGT ass kissers can tell me I am wrong, they do care!

mgbirish 

• geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Wed, Apr 16 2014 11:20 PM

mgbirish:

What is truly sad, no fricking input from WGT, obviously attributed to sorry ass top management, yes that be you Chad!

Nine pages, no WGT response, amazing!

Now all the WGT ass kissers can tell me I am wrong, they do care!

mgbirish 

I very glad to hear that something is in the works at least.

No sir Mgbirish i don't think the ass kissers are going to mouth off in this thread. 

You won't normally hear from them unless trying to cover up another WGT mess up. Usually after a downtime they will be out in full force. Not to mention i believe several of them work for WGT...... so won't be hearing from them in this thread.

All i know is Rich was one of the good guys,, and deserves a memorial tourney for sure.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Thu, Apr 17 2014 1:37 AM

I've been thinking about this a bit more,

I don't mean any disrespect, so please don't take any offence.

To be fair to Wgt.... There has been quite a few Wgt Players who have sadly passed away in the past and Wgt has not had any Memorial Comps for them (as far as I remember)

If they do have a memorial comp for Rich,  then others might think, what about the others.... that type of thing.

The Only way to go is a Community Organised Comp, based on a Wgt Free Tourny/s. I would say not a Multi Round, as they only have a set amount of spots,  but it could be more than one Wgt Tourny  with the scores added up.

With a thread started for people to say 'I'm in' ..... so the organisers would know who is playing.

-Roger

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Thu, Apr 17 2014 2:08 AM

SteveOx:

I suggested that WGT make a Wall of remembrance for our fallen members.   Sadly it fell on WGT's deaf ears.    

These guys and gals deserve some sort of page or something.

It seems like something for the community to do--and in fact you guys are already doing it. A grass roots thing.

In general the issue of deceased players probably does not come up very much, or only unevenly. Sure, there are players who get to know each other in real life. But in most cases we would not be aware because the interface is at a certain level anonymous. Indeed, the terms of use (quite reasonably) discourage disclosure of personal details.

Beyond that, online attributes of deceased players (in games like this and other types of online presence) raise some intriguing legal issues.

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Thu, Apr 17 2014 6:02 AM

deleted

• SafeBetAmy
    526 Posts
    Thu, Apr 17 2014 6:12 AM

mrcaddie:

thebigeasy707:
    I see mraddie & JCGFREE have plans for setting up tourneys.

TBE-

That's not true. I never said I was setting up a tournament. I believe I said I was setting up an event.

My plan is similar to my "12 Days of Christmas" events, only this time, in July, I'll be hosting an event that will consist of 31 consecutive days of gift giving, or as I like to call them...random acts of kindness, something Rich was fond of doing.

That's why I'll be dedicating the event in Rich's honor.

Just wanted to clear that up.

MC

Thank you for doing that MC.   I think that if you set it up so that people can donate in Rich's name and/or honor you are going to be amazed with the response.

P.S.  As to the poster you questioned "Why just Rich and not others?" I'd asks if they were as out going, friendly, helpful and giving as Rich was. Darn few were anywhere close, IMO. (and no offense to the others...  just LC went above and beyond)

RSS