Forums

Help › Forums

LeGeNdCrUsHeR Commemorative (Coming Soon)

Tue, Apr 22 2014 8:37 AM (5 replies)
  • jcgfree
    1,109 Posts
    Wed, Apr 16 2014 2:22 PM

This will be a tournament to Honor Rich-Legendcrusher, who was a class act and one of the most generous players here on WGT.

I am in the process of figuring out how this tournament will be played. I'm not sure how many rounds it will be yet. I don't want it to be so long that players lose interest in it. I am very good at setting up Google Documents for this tournament and will use them to enter all information. My good friend JFHuber is very good at making Web Sites. We will use that Website and WGT Forums here so that you can get all the information you need.

April 25th There will be a document set up for player sign up and any donations you want to make. How many rounds and rules will be set then also. My thought right now is to use WGT Tournaments Weekly 18 hole Single Play for 4 rounds. After each player finishes a round, there will be a link to submit your score and then will be checked by that leaderboard by me or one of my helpers, if I have any.

Credits will be won by players for low score for that round, Hole in ones, Double Eagles, Eagles holed from a certain distance, hitting the flag stick from a certain distance, holing out from a bunker or rough, making a putt from over a certain distance and maybe more. Credits for these shots will be given only if the player saves a replay of that shot and then posts it in the respective Forum.The idea is to give as many players possible to win some credits.

Now comes the tricky part. In Honor of Rich, the credits won by players are to be donated to unknown players. Hopefully the unknown players are players that are new to the game and can't afford equipment and balls or just players that can't afford the newer equipment and balls. That choice is up to the player that wins the credits.

There is 2 ways the credits can be donated to the unknown players. First I could assign a treasurer to where all sponsored credits were given to the treasurer and then in the end each player that won credits would have the treasurer gift the player of their choice. This is a lot of trust to put in one person, so you can let me know in responses below.

The second way would be, that the sponsors pay the players that won credits, then those players will gift the unknown player of their choice. But to confirm that they donated those credits, they would have to take a screenshot that they gifted to an unknown player and then post it in a forum that will be set up for that purpose.

Any ideas or suggestions are welcome. Please do not be offended If it is not used. I am trying to keep this as simple as possible.

I could use 1 or 2 people that are very familiar with Google Docs and have Skype to help with checking and submitting score.

• josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Wed, Apr 16 2014 5:48 PM

I think if you could get in touch with Rich's daughter. And ask her if she would like to be a part of this tournament in honor of her father; and partake in the gifting aspect of it. I think it would bring her great joy & peace, knowing she's doing this in remembrance of him. To share his compassion & helpfullness towards the WGT  community. Someone on here that was close to Rich could help her as well if it's too much to handle alone.

Joe

• jcgfree
    1,109 Posts
    Wed, Apr 16 2014 8:32 PM

josephk2317:

I think if you could get in touch with Rich's daughter. And ask her if she would like to be a part of this tournament in honor of her father; and partake in the gifting aspect of it. I think it would bring her great joy & peace, knowing she's doing this in remembrance of him. To share his compassion & helpfullness towards the WGT  community. Someone on here that was close to Rich could help her as well if it's too much to handle alone.

Joe

I think that would be a very nice gesture Joe, but they lost their mother about 2 years ago also. I have a feeling they might have more going on in their lives to where they might not have any time for WGT. Doesn't hurt to make the gesture though. HIs daughter that played here, no longer has an account and I know of no way to get in touch with them. The only2 that I know that might be able to do this is, Buggyy and Notonthis. If they see this, I will leave that up to them.

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Mon, Apr 21 2014 3:34 PM

JCG-

Are you still moving forward with this in light of recent events?

MC

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Tue, Apr 22 2014 6:05 AM

mrcaddie:

JCG-

MC

Thank you MC. 

• jcgfree
    1,109 Posts
    Tue, Apr 22 2014 8:37 AM

mrcaddie:

JCG-

MC

In light of not having enough information, I am going to hold off on this tournament until I do have enough info.

RSS