Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Unlocking clubs

Wed, Sep 22 2010 8:53 AM (9 replies)
  • adamjohn1967
    10 Posts
    Mon, Sep 20 2010 2:56 AM

I've just reached master level, and had stupidly presumed that better clubs would be become available to me. A good driver especially! I'm on level 44 and was keen to get the R9 super tri 8.5 driver, I have noticed that some masters on a lower level than me have this club, yet in the pro shop it states you need to be on level 87!!! That will take forever to get to that experience level, how have the other guys managed to get these clubs. I have no way of competing unless I can get an upgrade. Does anyone have any ideas as to what i've done wrong?

Many thanks

Adam

• Markrum
    1 Posts
    Tue, Sep 21 2010 9:31 AM

I was wondering the same thing. I started this game about a week before they changed the level system. When I reached pro level I upgraded my clubs so I have a driver that can hit 247 and a 3 wood that can go 220. I also got an upgraded putter and another wedge. Then they changed the leveling system. I am actually using clubs now that under the new system would be locked to me and I wouldn't be able to get them. I assume that's why the other guys have those clubs. However, like you I don't see what I am supposed to do now. I am tier master but only level 33 and so I cannot get better clubs yet have to play from harder tees. There are many par 4's on Bethpage for instance I can't possibly reach in two. This really makes no sense to me.  It should be an incentive for improving your tier, but the way this leveling system is now and the inability to upgrade clubs, it really makes no sense.

Another question I have is why most of the courses are not available for stroke play, only closest to the hole. I cannot even play practice rounds on them or am I missing something?

Thanks,

Mark

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Tue, Sep 21 2010 10:13 AM

Recent rule changes. Clubs were easier to get before. Perhaps you should ask WGT.

• shneady
    17 Posts
    Tue, Sep 21 2010 10:14 AM

adamjohn1967:

I've just reached master level, and had stupidly presumed that better clubs would be become available to me.

Hi Adam I dont have that particular driver but i have the master clubs. You are a higher level than me probably with a better average.

We should have a round one day as we are at the same tier and i can show you how good my master clubs are, i can constantly out drive you etc.

This is a perfect example of the fascicle that is now wgt but will they fix it? probably not.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, Sep 21 2010 11:52 AM

This is a major flaw with the current levels. WGT wants new members to buy new equipment as they unlock clubs and advance tiers, eventually reaching the top level clubs. What they didn't take into consideration is these new members would plateau in the Master tier, or would be hitting from the blue tees, thus having inadequate clubs to play the game.

In due time, the Master tier could be the stopping point for a lot of players due to inadequate clubs, and the game becoming repetitiously boring. It seems WGT could careless to me. I hope WGT is working on a solution to this problem.

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Tue, Sep 21 2010 12:27 PM

Well Richard, they are taking there sweet old time. I wish they would(WGT) make a statement about what adjustments their planning on making. I get the impression that were losing new members, and alienating some of the older folks with there change. Money will do the talking, but the customers can do the walking.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Sep 21 2010 12:44 PM

Money doesn't appear to be the priority for WGT. Why else would they cut off the Pro Shop sales and base them on something that's going to take a long time-leveling up? You're seeing a lot of new ads and you know they're not for free plus there's  their affiliation with the USGA, R & A, Nike and Taylormade to name a few. 

I get the distinct impression there's an underlying goal here for WGT and that would be to replicate as closely as possible the actual RL tour. What we see as indifference on their part to the majority of complaints could very well be their intent only it wouldn't be indifference, it would be part of their bigger picture.

As the hoopla dies down over the various injustices from the last update players will return to the links and be once again taken over by the desire to excel. Some will cry "Foul" while others will buckle down. In the end WGT will have whatever it is they're after. That's just what I believe.

• adamjohn1967
    10 Posts
    Wed, Sep 22 2010 8:48 AM

Bit like qualifying for the olympic 100 metres and cos you've never competed at that level before you have to start 30 metres behind everyone else. It's a complete joke, (except i'm not laughing) I spent alot of money on this game, and now it's just pointless, will have to go and waste my money on something else i suppose. Who came up with this idea? Homer Simpson!!!!!

• adamjohn1967
    10 Posts
    Wed, Sep 22 2010 8:52 AM

Thanks for the invite, but my average suggests just how fed up i am,

Adam

• adamjohn1967
    10 Posts
    Wed, Sep 22 2010 8:53 AM

It's certainly a quitting point for me Richard,

was great fun while it lasted tho

Adam

RSS