Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Everybody just chill out.

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 17 2010 11:57 PM (8 replies)
  • Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Fri, Sep 17 2010 8:23 PM

Everybody just chill out. The more and more I read these forums the more I get disgusted. Number one it's just a game. And a free game at that. And yes I realize alot people have sunk there own hard earned money into this game and they have every right to come out with some constructive criticisim. Then I read about how people are threatining to leave and never come back. Uhhhhh ok, pretty sure WGT doesn't care all that much because if one person leaves there is another person right behind them signing up. But I challenge anybody to find a free game on-line with the graphics that this one has. I play "Tiger" every once in a while and although that has a boat load more courses than this game does it doesn't look near as good as this does. Now I've only been here since July and I'm only a Tour Pro, so I can't speak intelligently on what the upper tiers are going through. And I won't. And again they have every right to come out with "constructive criticisim". Even I don't think this game is perfect. Far from it. I would love many more 18 hole stroke play courses. And yes it is becoming increasingly boring playing the same old courses. And then there is sandbagging and people with multiple accounts. Well there is nothing I can do about that. All I can do is worry about me and my game and if I don't like something then I will let WGT know in a adult manner.But I'm not going to rip WGT up and down till they add more holes, or fix some of the other problems on here. And there are many more problems on here some of which I have expirenced (exp- the meter......extremely frustrating) and some I have not (exp- the championship greens or the tee box for legends). And I don't even know them all. Anyways my point is if you got something to say please just calm down, take a breath, and express your concerns in an "adult manner". Pretend your talking to somebody that works for WGT in person and your telling them what you would like to see change. I think they would like that much more and appreciate it than just comeing on here and threatining to leave. If thats the case then dude....just leave. And either come back in a month or so or never come back. I think everybody on here has quite a few thing's that they would change. For me..... to name a few......I would change the speed at which you would level up. I'm on level 36 and it seems like it's going to take me 8 years to get to level 71 and purchase the Daytona putter. But you know what,all I can do is wait and hope and if it deosn't change then ok I got my work cut out for me. Another thing would be the Pro shop. Need more items. Plain and simple. Or maybe lower some of the level requirements for certain items. I mean level 71 does seem a little outragous for a putter although it's probably the best putter on this game. Next......uhhhh..maybe do something with the greens. Now from what I understand the upper tiers aren't that crazy about the speed. And again I'm not a legend or a master so I can't speak from expirience. There are plenty of complaints on here about that. And last but certainly not least would be the meter. I don't know how to fix that,and to be honest mine only acts up every once in a while. So...........I don't know anything else to say about that. Overall GREAT GAME, yes it has it's flaws but there aren't too many games (computer or platforms) out there that don't have flaws. In conclusion THANK YOU WGT for a GREAT GAME, but keep working hard because we both know there is always room for improvement just like my average. And again remember people just chill and please come out with something constructive. Thanks for listening errr reading.  

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Fri, Sep 17 2010 8:31 PM

Sincerely, a pretty good post.  But I have one word for you:  Paragraphs.

• RampantFrenzy
    106 Posts
    Fri, Sep 17 2010 8:34 PM

tldr

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Sep 17 2010 8:35 PM

You pretty much summed it all up Yoda.

Yoda79:
    I would love many more 18 hole stroke play courses. And yes it is becoming increasingly boring playing the same old courses.

This is the second post I've read today saying the very same thing. I can see the restlessness of the members wanting a new course already. It's only been three months. I'm hoping WGT will have at least the front nine of a new course by Christmas. There is a few more CTTH courses though.

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Fri, Sep 17 2010 8:47 PM

"DOUBLEMOCHAMAN"........LOL yeah good point. I'll keep that in mind. Thanks.

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Fri, Sep 17 2010 8:51 PM

"RICHARD" yes you are correct. Now this is for everyone. Don't get me wrong I am very appreciative of the new "Celtic Manor" CTTH course. I am. Just want something new to play in stroke play. But I am and will continue to be patient. I can just focus on getting my average down in the mean time and above all......have fun.

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Fri, Sep 17 2010 9:03 PM

Green speeds are fine for legends, in my opinion.  I do not think that legend's "tournament" green speed should be 33% faster than pro "tournament" green speed, though.  Should a slight handicap on the greens be made?  I don't know, maybe, but I think 33% is too much.  I can't disagree with the complaints about fringe putting either.  It's hard to putt from the fringe when under or overestimating the fringe distance by three inches means that your putt comes up a foot short or goes 5 ft past the hole on the championship greens, especially seeing as how you can never really rely on the graphical representation of where the fringe ends and the green starts.

Some of the complaints are completely ridiculous, but most of them have at least some merit.

The biggest problem is that WGT does not announce anything.  Although they announced the tier/level changes, we largely do not know anything about anything that they do.  They announce about half of their changes, but another half of their changes take place without announcement.

Are Legend "tournament" greens still faster than Pro "tournament" greens, or was that change undone?  I am quite sure that they implemented this, only do undo it 24 hours later, seeing as how my distance equations broke down entirely for a day, only to seem fine the next.  That is, unless they decided that instead of making our greens faster, they put them back on their original speeds, but kept the handicap in place by making the master and pro greens slower than their original speeds.  The announcement of the change was made, but not the announcement of the reversion or the modification of the changes.  Am I going to show up tomorrow, only to find that all my putts are going 5 ft long or 3 ft short?  Who knows!

Have they shortened some of the Legend tee boxes?

What exactly have they done about sandbagging, or what do they plan to do?

I don't feel that anybody knows the answers to these questions, and sometimes this causes us to *** about stuff that was changed a few days ago, or is about to be changed, (or, unfortunately, won't be changed,) but WGT doesn't feel inclined to tell us.

Take new courses for example.  A new course could come out next week, or maybe in six weeks, but who really knows?   Nobody!   If it was the case that a new course is coming out in three weeks, your post could've been about how you're excited about having a new course to play on, but instead, it's a complaint about how we need new courses.

Of course, there will always be disagreements about this or that, but I'd say half of the complaints are due to bad communication.

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Fri, Sep 17 2010 9:34 PM

"CHARLEMAGNERH' you are absolutley correct. Maybe I was complaining. But the point to most of that post was the manner in which you complain. (And I don't mean you personally) I am very excited about playing the new CTTH (Celtic Manor). I just got done playing it (and did quite bad by the way). All I was saying was that I and I think alot of people would like a new stroke play course as opposed to another CTTH. Thats all. And another thing you do have a very valid point when it comes to WGT announcing things. But you did it in a constructive manner. And I guess I do see your point as to why people come here and ***** about things. So please don't take what I wrote in that post as a ***** fest. And if you read what I wrote at the bottom I did state that overall I'm quite happy with the game. I don't want to get into an arguement so I guess anybody can read into that post and take from it what they want. But I do understand what your saying.

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Fri, Sep 17 2010 11:57 PM

I would love to see multi player CTTH available soon. That would be a lot of fun for me and my cronies.

RSS