322 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 3:29 PM

jbenny11:

lighten up y'all.

Thats the bud light  of choice.hehe

• gwrit59
    307 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 3:30 PM

I have to disagree with you on the green speeds. I was bumped up to Tour Master and the greens are NOT very fast they are tournament speed. Where I used to hit on the scale with my putter on a 25 ft putt 2" uphill now has my ball goes 7 ft past the hole. The same as it was in the Oakmont Open Tournament. I remember because i cursed alot playing that course then.

• Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 3:31 PM

Hey Benny!

I agree with you, as I was saying oh "grape" one, I am not them, nor am I as good as them, so I should not be the same as them. Not complaining, just making a point. :-)

Now, where is the kool-aid?

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 3:40 PM

Sarge, are you new here? If you think I tow the WGT company line your not paying attention, how many self inflicted time outs do you have from WGT?  Just sayin'  JB

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 4:17 PM

jasondement:
    My best average has only been at a 60.3 in my career

...and you've earned almost a thousand dollars... Sounds like Legend to me.

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 4:21 PM

uoducks63:
    the biggest problem i see with this new system is the fact that the clubs in the pro shop are locked.  i could understand it being that way for someone starting out, i got thrown into the legend tier, i cant even go into the pro shop and buy another brand of clubs now? 

Well you're already playing the most powerful clubs they've got, so what's the problem?

• jasondement
    322 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 7:06 PM

zagraniczniak:

...and you've earned almost a thousand dollars... Sounds like Legend to me.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Let me enlighten you to those earnings lolololololol. Those earnings are all from ready goes(except maybe $30 worth) and what looking at the earnings doesn't tell you is I have put up near $700 on the line. I just keep winning my buck back. LOLOLOLOLOL my account as of right at this moment has 2599 credits. The highest its been is 6000 credits. The only thing those earnings mean for most people is they don't have to buy balls or equipment. There are an extraordinary few that have earned enough for the cash cards and they are way out of my league. As I said in a previous post, I am over the initial shock of the ranking I have been given and now welcome the challenge. It was beginning to get a little boring anyway and who knows maybe when I learn the new greens speeds, which I know I will, it will make me a better player that can compete. My point is don't let those earnings you see by some of the names fool ya, you can make a lot with a dollar and a bunch of rounds.

• Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 8:35 PM

My thoughts on the changes.

Before the change I was in the same tier as Bollox. After the change I still am.

Before the change I had (IMO) the best equipment money can buy. After the change I still do, although I do find it mind boggling I am not able to purchase equipment I have be using since the day it first became available.

Before the change there was no detriment to me for not finishing a game. After the change no detriment. As stated I don't need anything unlocked.

So for the life of me, as big as this was hyped it's made zero difference. Faster greens which I will soon adjust. My biggest disappointment was this line in the news  "There won't be any changes to the golf equipment that you already have in your WGT bag," Which is purposely vague as to imply and fool more than just me into believing there would be new equipment opposed to the same old stuff merely locked.

Lastly the main reason I quit playing MMORPG's is leveling became drearily boring. You've managed to introduce it.

RSS