Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Moderating Posts

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 3 2010 6:05 PM (7 replies)
  • billyeva
    57 Posts
    Fri, Aug 27 2010 3:08 AM

I replied to a post on Wednesday and WGT said that my posts would be moderated as i hadn't posted before, how long is this for, is it a certain length of time say 2 weeks or is it something else. Thanks in advance.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Sat, Aug 28 2010 11:29 AM

There is no set time as far as I know.

If you post on topic and  like a normal human the moderation goes away quite quickly.

On the other hand there are some here that never get out of the moderated stage.

Happy hitting

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, Aug 28 2010 11:52 AM

Welcome to the forums, billyeva...  As I wrote to another user with this same question:

Snaike:
    Your posts are delayed because there are so few.  WGT moderates your first posts to filter out spam bots, ad bots, and idiots...  Usually it's 5 - 10 posts.  When they see that you're not any of the above they will 'un-quarantine' your messages.

Or, when you feel that you have proven yourself to be none of the above, you could always ask WGTSky to 'un-quarantine' your messages.

Peace

• billyeva
    57 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 1:24 PM

thanks for answering my question, i asked WGT if they would un-quarantine me and i'm still waiting, i just finished the weekly free 9 hole at St. Andrews and there are some mega scores this week. players been here less than a week shooting 9 & 10 under. if that's what they can do after a week imagine what they will be capable of after another weeks practice.

• Pangaea
    242 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 2:09 PM

It means they are cheating. Just report them to WGT to be honest. No way an actual new player can score that good. It means they have multiple accounts and have started over to steal the money from the actual new players.

I experienced the same when I was Hack and Amateur. No chance in the tournaments because "new" players spanked us by 10+ shots a round, often scoring in the low-60s. I don't care how many golf games a player has played in his life - that is impossible.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 2:21 PM

Hey Billy-looks like you're a good guy now! Yay! Welcome to the forum. Pangaea's right and the best way to do it is to e-mail WGT direct.  Sandbagging isn't cheating technically but it's good to report it when you see it.

members@worldgolftour.com

I wonder with all this new tiering if there's going to be a glut of what Billy saw.  :-I

• billyeva
    57 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 2:36 PM

Yeah WGT now thinks im worthy to post now. I e-mailed WGt with the names and it looks like someone else spotted this players scores as they have left a post on there wall saying how amazing their scores have been for the last 5 days. Be lucky

• Ahntrio3
    10 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 6:05 PM

WGT has lost its way.  The game pretty much stinks and there's more cheating than before.  Way to go, WGt. 

RSS