Forums

Help › Forums

Re: need input

rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 11 2010 11:15 AM (8 replies)
  • speedyschic
    948 Posts
    Wed, Aug 11 2010 1:32 AM

Virtual Open. CTTH competition. This tourney ended a few weeks ago. The winner gets a Graeme Baxter print. I came in second place. The winner flies a flag  from Singapore. (ineligible) The flag was South Korea until the day after he was declared the winner. I am waiting for a response from WGT. It has been quite a while. I figured I would give them a couple of weeks to respond before I made a post on here. What would u guys do??? I am kinda leaning towards not following up on it because he shot a better score than me. It is no fun winning on a technicality. but..... A rule is a rule..... Whatdya think??

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Wed, Aug 11 2010 4:46 AM

Hi,

Personally I would follow up on it and get yourself a responce from WGT.  Email them back and see what the hold up is. 

I wouldn't worry about winning on a technicality, what are rules for after all. If he was ineligible and changed his flag - that needs following up on for sure.

OK - he shot a better score, but if there was something amiss, and it can be proven, then he should be disqualified.

Follow it up.

Cheers

Doug

• TheZiggy
    550 Posts
    Wed, Aug 11 2010 4:51 AM

If you look in the tournament rules, there are a list of countries that it says the winner will probably have to supply a mailing address for. It doesn't seem to say that they have to reside in one of those countries though. I'm guessing that the winner did that in their settings, and looks like they did in fact claim the prize.

• speedyschic
    948 Posts
    Wed, Aug 11 2010 7:49 AM

TheZiggy:

If you look in the tournament rules, there are a list of countries that it says the winner will probably have to supply a mailing address for. It doesn't seem to say that they have to reside in one of those countries though. I'm guessing that the winner did that in their settings, and looks like they did in fact claim the prize.

Here are the eligibility rules from the tourney

Participation is open to individuals who are 18 years of age or older. Note, however, that only individuals who are legal residents of and physically located in the fifty United States and the District of Columbia, Canada (excluding Quebec), the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Australia, the Netherlands, Norway, and South Korea who are 18 years of age or older or the age of majority in the entrant's state or province/territory ("province") of residence, whichever is greater are eligible to win prizes. Employees, officers, and directors of World Golf Tour, Inc. ("Sponsor"), the R&A Championships, Ltd. (“R&A”), and its affiliated entities, parent, subsidiaries, advertising, promotional agencies, legal advisors, their immediate family members and persons living in their same household, are not eligible to enter or win prizes. Void where restricted, taxed or prohibited by law.

I would think that WGT could easily determine someones location with their IP address.

• speedyschic
    948 Posts
    Wed, Aug 11 2010 8:48 AM

dorkfeatures:

Hi,

Personally I would follow up on it and get yourself a responce from WGT.  Email them back and see what the hold up is. 

I wouldn't worry about winning on a technicality, what are rules for after all. If he was ineligible and changed his flag - that needs following up on for sure.

OK - he shot a better score, but if there was something amiss, and it can be proven, then he should be disqualified.

Follow it up.

Cheers

Doug

Thanks for the input!

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Wed, Aug 11 2010 9:09 AM

All this talk of INPUT, thought it was Johnny 5 talking.

• speedyschic
    948 Posts
    Wed, Aug 11 2010 9:21 AM

neildiamond11790:

All this talk of INPUT, thought it was Johnny 5 talking.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!   Short Circuit

Now how about some input on the topic???

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Wed, Aug 11 2010 10:45 AM

email wgt.  rules are rules.  If the person is playing illegally in a country not permitted they are violating the sites policy and putting them in jeopardy with online gaming laws.  Your interest in this doesn't come off as being less important because you were #2, you were #1 in the elligible countries, you should win the prize.

• speedyschic
    948 Posts
    Wed, Aug 11 2010 11:15 AM

Thanks Neil

RSS