Re: Players which quite a game

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jul 30 2010 5:09 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Jul 14 2010 12:08 AM

KloOlk:
    I do quit games to keep my average up but....

Keep your average up?!?  You do know that sandbagging will get your account deleted, right?

1,644 Posts
    Wed, Jul 14 2010 6:13 AM

Hold on Snaike... read the sentence, not the word.... nothing in his history suggest sandbagging anything...

• SteveOx
    699 Posts
    Wed, Jul 14 2010 7:38 AM

In my case; ' ONLY '   mind you;  if you could play to the last shot of the last hole.  At least lets get the game mostly done and over with before you drop out. 

Have the common decency to wait to the very last hole to say,  ' hey fella I'm not gonna save this game.'    For whatever reason. I'm happy and your happy.

But to quit on the middle of a course because you're not playing well on a course is just wrong.  We all have our bad  and good days on here. So I doubt if anyone will judge us as a bad player when we have a bad game.

I hope  this will save alot problems of the  issue of quitting. Other than that;  I don't personally care if anyone quits a game as long as we can play   TO THE END!

Just my take on the Issue

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, Jul 14 2010 7:56 AM

KloOlk:
    I do quit games to keep my average up

I got to ask, why do you feel you need to keep a high average? If it's out of fear of  becoming a Master, record all of your rounds including the bad ones, and you'll progress through the tiers naturally. Then there's no need to be labeled as a quitter.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, Jul 14 2010 8:01 AM

Wondering if anyone's ever intended to quit on the last hole, before putting out, but the damn approach shot accidently went in the hole?!

1,644 Posts
    Wed, Jul 14 2010 8:04 AM

Many many times.... lol

Back in the day, when there was only the front 9 of kia... I can remember at least 3 occasions where I flopped it in... not intending to.

• KloOlk
    6 Posts
    Mon, Jul 26 2010 3:47 PM

Ever since I posted that statement I started thinking....mostly about the definition of average. I haven't quit a game since because an average isn't an average unless it is taken seriously. I wont say i'm sorry for posting the statement because it made me think.....MAYBE it will make others think as well....   :) your average isnt as important as being honest.

• wizbang360
    411 Posts
    Tue, Jul 27 2010 8:28 AM

KloOlk:
    your average isnt as important as being honest.

well said!    It took me a while to learn that lesson too,  that is when I addopted the statement that has been repeated  countless times,  quitters never win and winners never quit.

It is after the fact ( after the multi player round has started ) but during play  you can look at a plyers score histiory and at least  are not suprized when they quit . Most that quit will have  minimal games saved  IE  1 maybe 2 a day, and some as little as just a few games per month that are recorded.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Jul 30 2010 5:09 PM

wizbang360:
    Most that quit will have  minimal games saved  IE  1 maybe 2 a day, and some as little as just a few games per month that are recorded.
    Some of us can only play 1 or 2 a day ... sometimes 1 or 2 a week...  and we don't quit.

• PAGES
RSS