Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Well this game is horrible

Sun, Jul 4 2010 2:30 PM (37 replies)
  • JoeGolf1969
    5 Posts
    Thu, Jul 1 2010 8:57 PM

Yea they purposley screw your shots over so you are forced to buy clubs , and even then they dont even help , they just will manipulate your game to keep tyou spending money , notice how they cap you from buying the good clubs to tier your spending. Nothing but a bunch of *** bloodsuckers.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Thu, Jul 1 2010 11:03 PM

You're right, Joe!  They should make a free game and just GIVE AWAY all the best gear!!

Hell, everything here should be free!!!  Why should ~THEY~ make money?  It's not like they have to pay their staff, keep an office, develop new courses...  How DARE they try to turn a profit!

Curses on you, WGT, you capitalistic machine you!  We want it all FREE and we want it NOW!

/sarcasm off.

• JoeGolf1969
    5 Posts
    Fri, Jul 2 2010 10:07 AM

LOL I don't mind buying clubs dummy. I was saying how lame it is for me not to be able to buy the good clubs regardless of my tier. If I want to spend  the money then I should be able to have a fair chance to own what others have. No its not fair becuase they want to milk the public. I was simply pointing out the flaws in this game. As if WGT would somehow lose all its bussiness if they allowed people to buy what they wanted. Getting from Hack to Master isnt the important thing its about enjoying the game , not being purposely crippled by garbage gear , and corrupt gameplay .

WGT have proven its not about your skills its about what gear you have and can they sucker more money out of you. 

• SKHockey
    6 Posts
    Fri, Jul 2 2010 1:17 PM

Well, i'm pretty close to advancing to the master tier and i haven't spent a dime........yet.  Sure some of the shots are a bit off when you ding the meter but just like IRL, some shots that you think are perfect aren't.  This game is the best golf game out there, IMO, like it or leave it.  Simple as that.  And to all of those who enjoy this game.......  Happy Golfing!!

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Jul 2 2010 2:49 PM

JoeGolf1969:
    I was saying how lame it is for me not to be able to buy the good clubs regardless of my tier.
    Ok, thank you for making a post that wasn't a complete rant.  Now we are getting somewhere.

I understand what you are saying above, Joe, but think of it this way... if they let people in the HACK tier buy all the best stuff and longest drivers, why would they ever want to move up?  Hitting it farthest from the shortest tee box?

No, there's enough sandbaggers around now.  

Just because you move up a tier doesn't make you that much stronger, yet the game forces you back farther and farther.

There has to be a reward for making to the back tee box, that's why there is some gear marked 'master only'.

I don't know if you were here last year when there was a competition open to everyone from the red tees at Bethpage Black.  Everyone moved up to the Jr. tees and had a field day with all the best gear.  The scores were laughable.  I mean really and truly laughable.  We're talking TWO cartoon golf funny.

We don't want that here.  Yes, they will be pulling money out of your pocket each time you WANT to upgrade.... It's either that or a monthly subscription.  I would rather pay this way.

Hope you can see that point of view.

• Badputter
    22 Posts
    Sun, Jul 4 2010 4:29 AM

SKHockey - nice to hear a rational point of view, or is it simply that I agree with you. The game is what it is, take it or leave it.

I chose to upgrade my clubs (the putter was a waste of money) and am shooting 66-67-ish. It was my choice to splash the cash, no one twisted my arm.

I do have some sympathy with the view that people should be able to buy the longer clubs, but I think that comes from the frustration of not being able to reach greens in regulation.

I'm at pro level, shooting off pro tees with upgraded clubs, and there are still holes on Bethpage which I can't reach in regulation. To me that's wrong, and should be addressed by the game designers rather than a demand for longer clubs

I fully accept that in Open Championships, off competition tees, the holes will be a lot longer and some will be out of my reach. Of course they are - they're supposed to be. But surely not in day-to-day play?

Having said that, going back to point one - it's the best game out there, and I like it.

• thatcanadianguy
    557 Posts
    Sun, Jul 4 2010 5:55 AM

I have no problem when it comes to reaching the longer par 5's in 2. I can't do it. Never will be able to. I always lay up. Not a problem, because I sold my 3 wood and bought another wedge. Now my third shots are a lot  closer to the pin. Playing this way has giving me more chances for a birdie on almost every par 5.

tcg

• Badputter
    22 Posts
    Sun, Jul 4 2010 2:30 PM

Hi thatcanadianguy

No problem with what you're saying about the par 5'. Regulation on a 5 is 3 shots, and same as you, I don't expect to reach in 2 unless there's a strong following wind. I've kept the 3 wood for when I do need it, but generally tend to play a shorter second to give a full swing 3rd.

However, there's at least one, maybe 2, par 4's on Bethpage that I can't reach in 2 even with the upgrade clubs. I've a 245 yard driver, a 220 yard 3 wood, and the hole is a 500+ yard par 4. That's why I was saying I think it's a fault with the game, rather than a need to get longer clubs.

RSS