Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Experience History at Pebble Beach

Tue, May 25 2010 2:58 PM (29 replies)
  • Barbarossa
    121 Posts
    Mon, May 24 2010 6:42 AM

Very cool.

I just played it out too.  I like how you can play the hole over many times.

This game just keeps on gettig better  :)

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Mon, May 24 2010 7:34 AM

I would say "awesome" but that's already been said. Although it is indeed awesome. Anyway to place this directly on WGT so we can play it using our own personae (and ... ahem ... equipment)?

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Mon, May 24 2010 7:41 AM

Pebble Beach is just awesome to look at. Can't wait to play 18 hole stroke play. I wonder how long this feature has been on the USGA site? I bet all the USGA open courses will be ready for full stroke play in June 2010. IMO. WGT is getting ready to knock our socks off.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Tue, May 25 2010 11:54 AM

Hey guys,

Hate to be a rumor killer, but it is not known at this time whether or not Pebble will become a full stroke play course.  As the press release that was linked earlier in this thread states, it is only a re-creation of famous shots from US Open's past on Pebble.  There is a reason that you cannot login to your accounts or post scores and those reasons are related to the agreement with the course itself.  Unfortunately I cannot go into any further details at this time, but I can say that it will not be a stroke play course this year.  There are still some things that would need to be worked out before that can happen (if it can happen).

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but we don't wish to set any false expectations.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, May 25 2010 12:11 PM

Well, that is some bad news. This is where you here the jingle they play when you lose on "The price is right". It's still real fun to play in any event.

Thanks WGTniv.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, May 25 2010 12:22 PM

I feel like I walked thru Costco and sampled the absolute best strawberry cheesecake and asked the person which freezer has this?  And she says "sorry, we're sold out and won't have any until maybe next year."

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Tue, May 25 2010 12:29 PM

Heh, sorry andyson.  I know you guys would love to see Pebble in it's full glory, but that's just not possible right now.  I wish I could get into more details, but you know how it goes with agreements and legalities and the like.  Keep your fingers crossed that we can work it out if and when the time comes.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Tue, May 25 2010 1:34 PM

Imagining it has something to do with an agreement with another game.  Regardless, we got some great courses, and new ones coming, so I wont hold my breath for Pebble, even though the course looked better then I expected (normally I dont care all to much for Pebble, its been done so many times on other games)

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Tue, May 25 2010 1:43 PM

Don't make me have to put in phone calls to Peter Ueberroth, Clint Eastwood and Arnold Palmer!

And Neil... have you checked out the WGT version of Pebble Beach?   It is totally unlike any of those other games.  It would be the cornerstone and gem of courses if WGT could pull it off.

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Tue, May 25 2010 2:58 PM

Yeah in full HD Pebble would really be one of the ultimates, poo poo on the other games that have done it with their inferior physics to boot. 

I appreciate hearing from WGT about the actual chances of this but do share the sentiment of the others.   Went to the buffet table and came away with a cheese sandwich.....  *-)

I'll be crossing my fingers and toes, heck we got the IN with USGA, it HAS to happen damn it!!!!

RSS