• johnloaves
    126 Posts
    Sun, May 23 2010 11:13 AM

awesome!

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Sun, May 23 2010 11:13 AM

mefitz:
      I`m also just as curious as ES, why no heads-up from WGT?

I kind of liked the surprise, myself.

And think about it ... if WGT had told us this was coming, expectations would have been through the roof!

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, May 23 2010 12:58 PM

Thanks all!  Just happened to look at the USGA site this morning.

Tough to beat the pros using Starter clubs and balls eh?

14 is going to be the toughest for me.  You think David Feherty was using the K-Mart Zoeller's and Po-Do balls?   I must have hit 30 shots (we now know that mulligan capability exists!) at 14 and had only one heart thumper.  To 5.8 ft.

• ahughes
    8 Posts
    Sun, May 23 2010 2:39 PM

Great Shot, and why didn't WGT tell is about this?

Anyone Know

• ahughes
    8 Posts
    Sun, May 23 2010 2:46 PM

raidermatt1:

Wow that was incredible. Just played all 18 challenges. So who holed watsons famous chip in on 17?

I Did!

• WojciechMigda
    158 Posts
    Sun, May 23 2010 3:12 PM
  • jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Sun, May 23 2010 5:00 PM

Holy Sh*t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boy this could be a big let down if this does NOT come to full fruitation. 

That of course is the real question now, will they indeed give us the full course eventually, DAMN I hope so!!

Once again Congrats to WGT for even getting this far, being linked like this right on the USGA site is just awesome.  (although I would have liked to see the actually "play this hole now" button much bigger to attract even more attention and it should have made reference to "watch past famous shots").  The video replays of a famous shot on each hole integrated into the game client is a very nice touch too.  EDIT - Holy cow, these challenges are good and damn hard, awesome!

I hope this little challenge and introduction to WGT gets seen by the masses, its a great little take on history at a great course and a great intro to WGT.   Well done.

• TheTommyD
    140 Posts
    Sun, May 23 2010 5:23 PM

Here's the news release from WGT last March which describes Pebble Beach. It was posted in the forums back then.

It makes no mention of ever being a full course so all we can do is hope.

It is very nice to play and see the holes, and I like it.

Nice job WGT!

• mb386
    61 Posts
    Sun, May 23 2010 7:02 PM

AWESOME. Thank you WGT.

• resozv
    895 Posts
    Mon, May 24 2010 5:44 AM

Ditto Mb ... A W S E O M E !! Only beat the pro twice on 1st attempts with approaches. This place is gonna be fun. Well here's answers to some of those thousands of requests for mulligans & Pebble Beach. If anyone wants a sneak peek at Pebble & also play the same shot over and over, check it out.

RSS