Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Any masters out there playing with starter clubs?

rated by 0 users
Sun, May 16 2010 6:42 PM (36 replies)
  • griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Sun, May 16 2010 5:11 AM

TheLighterDark:
    flaming

Nice word TLD

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, May 16 2010 6:17 AM

griffygriff:

SystemCrash:
    Real men use starter clubs

Attention seeker, why don't you cause trouble else where

Griffygiff, you have to learn to attribute the quotes to the right person, my friend.  SystemCrash didn't say that, it was DoubleEagler in the original post of this thread.

It should read.

griffygriff:

DoubleEagler:
    Real men use starter clubs

Attention seeker, why don't you cause trouble else where

Be careful with the quote button, mate... it cuts down on the misunderstandings.

Peace 

• griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Sun, May 16 2010 8:12 AM

Thanks for bring that to my attention. I hope the guys understand my words were directed at DE and not  them( i am sure they did), well they do now ...cheers

• DoubleEagler
    14 Posts
    Sun, May 16 2010 10:42 AM

Since there's not too many masters playing with just starter clubs, we'll make an exception to the criteria. The only extra clubs you'd be allowed are whatever you could get with the 350 credits from moving up tiers. Most of mine went to waste though on that gold putter I sold back. Then I lost the rest in a 100 credits match play challenge with a 69 pro but failed by an inch in the 10th extra hole.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Sun, May 16 2010 11:34 AM

I am sure those people appreciate the exception you are making for them DE.  Get a clue though.  If you posted a honest thread, there would be no bashing, but instead you laced it with a 12 yr brat on his 3rd account attitude.  Maybe there in lies the reason you can't pony up the dough. 

• doobie442
    22 Posts
    Sun, May 16 2010 11:37 AM

so if i got everything figure out youre complaining because you loose match vs master who use upgrade club and you considering that cheating well i use only starting  club except a driver who give me 230 yard instead of the 220 wich i bought with the 100 credit wgt was so kindly give to me and i dont think like you at all

i try those free tournement well fine its true its hard making it in the money i can do it once in a while but im competing vs pro(with some upgrade club) but that my choice not to spend money

for the rest here just like in a real golf course i like seeing good shoot no mather who do it...even after a par 3 i stay close to see the next foursome just in case i miss an ace

if my partner play -7 with is taylor made well i dont have a problem playing +7 with my dunlop 1998 i never think in a sec is a cheater,as long as the beer is good ,the we....d is burnig and i play a couple of awesome shot who always remind me that its for those i still go back on the course and play not for my average

• Morgeo
    52 Posts
    Sun, May 16 2010 6:42 PM

Just like you doobie442 - I have only the starter clubs and have exchanged my 100 credits for another driver which quite frankly seems to make  no difference - I am still outdriven by everyone. The only time I outdrive someone is when they make a mistake.

However, this is the game and I find the challenge even greater when I can come up and beat the guys with the upgraded equipment. I guess I would like to have a driver that would guarantee me a drive that would reach the fairway everytime but I am a pensioner and my money is better off paying the bills. It would be nice if I could earn more points to upgrade.  Can I ? I have'nt looked at the competitions in that regard.

RSS