Forums

Help › Forums

Any masters out there playing with starter clubs?

rated by 0 users
Sun, May 16 2010 6:42 PM (36 replies)
  • jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Sat, May 15 2010 9:11 AM

please do not call out other wgt members in the forums this is not allowed. i'm just sayin' JB

edit: that felt good
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, May 15 2010 10:28 AM

Haven't you guys figured out how this clown works? He throws a stupid statement out there and then sits back and watches the fireworks. I bet he drives a car too. That's cheating. God gave him 2 legs to walk with and he drives instead. Dang cheaters.

• griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Sat, May 15 2010 10:41 AM

First he ranted on about wanting his money back and some other belligerent crap in a post the other day and now this second post.

So there you have it, he's messed up on TWO ACCOUNTS already and he's only been a member for a week or two, i can't wait to see what his next pugnacious post has to offer.

Hopefully wgt will take his (hate filled) posting privileges away

• kingspen
    53 Posts
    Sat, May 15 2010 1:23 PM

"Seriously man, it's your own fault that you can't shoot low. If you're trying to be impressive by using Starter Clubs, it makes you look foolish and discredits any skill(s) you may actually possess" A statement made by TheLighterDark

I don't see how it makes me look foolish for trying to obtain master status using starter clubs. If any thing it shows a prowess for the game and makes me a lot better player than the person who uses all the best gear. It is not because  I don't want the better equip. but because I like the challenge.  Just thought I would let that be known . Once I reach master status I will reward myself with newer clubs. Until then I'd be glad to try and play anyone who wants to use just starter clubs. I may win or lose but it would be nice to judge my game against some of the better players. ty

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Sat, May 15 2010 1:36 PM

Cool story bro!

If all you're doing it for is "THE Challenge" of it, then keep your damn bragging-mouth shut about any accomplishments you make, especially when doubling accounts. 

• griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Sat, May 15 2010 1:46 PM

kingspen:
    see how it makes me look foolish

you should make friends with DoubleEagle

• kingspen
    53 Posts
    Sat, May 15 2010 3:09 PM

TheLighterDark:

Cool story bro!

If all you're doing it for is "THE Challenge" of it, then keep your damn bragging-mouth shut about any accomplishments you make, especially when doubling accounts. 

this is and has been my only account. As far as you berating people it sounds as if you have a confidence issue. Not everyone is a cheat. You could learn from that.  I don't have to cheat do you?  If someone is good at something does it make them a cheat?

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Sat, May 15 2010 3:41 PM

About doubling accounts, I was actually directing that to the original poster. As for the rest of that first comment, that was to you. 

And no, I don't have to "cheat," and nor do I. I simply don't see how using equipment, that is provided for all players (based on tier) for a fee makes you a cheat. 

• TarheelsRule
    5,480 Posts
    Sat, May 15 2010 3:53 PM

Many of us who are now masters made it to this tier using only a Rapture driver.  Once I made master I treated myself to a new driver, 3 wood and irons with a putter and wedges as well.  I play with a variety of balls but have to admit that the more expensive the ball on here, the longer and more bite.  It is fun to play with starter clubs once in a while just to see how much difference there is but to each their own, don't *** or call me a cheat because I am using clubs and balls that the WGT has made available to me for credits.  The idea of a country club for starter clubs only doesn't make much sense but it would be nice to see a few tournies using only starter clubs.  As far as the original poster having mutliple accounts, that is probably with his rapid rise to higher levels in only 9 days but if he wants to do that I don't care, WGT can sort that out. 

• mrboo
    211 Posts
    Sat, May 15 2010 4:00 PM

DoubleEagler:
    Anybody could get it close to the pin when your approach shot is always less than 100 yards.

Really? I have plenty of approaches from 100+ yards. And how is upgrading your equipment (which is supplied by the host of this site) cheating? So, basically what you are saying is that every PGA Tour pro is cheating because they use top of the line equipment... Yea, I guess they should all have to play some no name POS clubs from walmart, that would even the playing field. Since it's clearly (at least in your opinion) the equipment that makes a player better. Or is it skill? Hmm....no no no, couldn't be skill and experience, never!

RSS