Re: Wanting to upgrade need some input

rated by 0 users
Sat, May 1 2010 3:20 PM (28 replies)
  • TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Sat, May 1 2010 7:30 AM

jayjonbeach:
    My crappy game after a whole 70 rounds means nothing,

And your gonna' stand out here and tell this community about a wedge game that you can't use yourself ?  Please Jay. If you are trying to take avatar-lee's advise i assure you it's excellent , he is indeed one of the very best ; but if you  think YOU sir  are gonna'  correct ME about a wedge game ,  you've lost your marbles...and I do put my Cr. where my mouth is everyday.  750 +  times and counting ... So set up the challenge of YOUR choice Jay and i'll buy my next set of  "Useless" Master wedges with your credits.. Cause with the attitude you have come across with, i'd love to enlighten you further.

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Sat, May 1 2010 8:21 AM

See its you with the attitude from the beginning, like because you have shot more games than I have you actually knew something more....paaalease.  You know nothing, that much was proven here.

A look at your distance setup even cements it more,  54 - 110yds, 60 - 90yds, you don't even have any of the shortest game covered and you have overlap with the PW. 

Get over yourself already, you're a nobody on here.  

Oh, and consider yourself corrected

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Sat, May 1 2010 8:31 AM

Jay, before you call anybody a nobody, play ace sometime. This gal can flat play..period. She ate me out of my extra credits....beech! lol

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Sat, May 1 2010 8:35 AM

I believe that she can, but her attitude tries to say she is much better than she really is.

Give me the G10's (soon to be added to my bag) and the GI-SD balls and my setup is much better than hers and I'd stack my game against her too, even though she has 10 times the amount of rounds.  She is looking at my stats after 70 rounds and trying to imply they mean something which is pretty foolish considering 40 of those rounds were at the beginner to Pro level when I was just learning, and learn I did, not to mention that I have been golfing for 35 years.....

She was flat out wrong in what she proposed in the beginning and cant admit it and if you look at the top two posts of page 2, it was her who started with the smart-ass know-it-all attitude only to be shot down in flames.

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Sat, May 1 2010 8:38 AM

73 rounds played 563 forum posts awesome.         edit 564

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Sat, May 1 2010 10:51 AM
    Whats even more wow is that this thread hasn't been locked yet.....
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, May 1 2010 1:11 PM

jayjonbeach:
    If you really think that there is some magical benefit to having a 110 yard wedge over a 105 yard wedge with all the same specs, you might want to grab a wedge and hit yourself over the head with it to wake up.....

heh-Funny you should pick those exact 2 wedges. I happen to have both and here's why. With the Master G10s the PW goes 115. The 105 wedge fits right nice next to the 98 yard Satin.

Now, switch to the TMs for a round at SA and swap the 105 wedge for the 110 wedge, which happens to fit right nice next to the TM PW, which goes 122. They might as well be all pro wedges because the important parts are the same-the spin and accuracy. :)

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sat, May 1 2010 3:00 PM

jbenny11:

73 rounds played 563 forum posts awesome.         edit 564

From a top player who also doesn't use Master wedges.

lilrob88:

Whats even more wow is that this thread hasn't been locked yet.....

Another top player who also doesn't use Master wedges.

What I don't understand is why jay got all this crap when he started out helping the OP with what turns out to be some pretty damn good advice.

It was pretty obvious to me he knew there are master wedges when he correctly stated "wedges DON'T need upgrading.."

Any advice for the OP other than what JJ gave?

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Sat, May 1 2010 3:20 PM

andyson:

What I don't understand is why jay got all this crap when he started out helping the OP with what turns out to be some pretty damn good advice.

It was pretty obvious to me he knew there are master wedges when he correctly stated "wedges DON'T need upgrading.."

Any advice for the OP other than what JJ gave?

Thanks Andy that is exactly right.  In fact, any person that is planning to buy the G10 irons would NOT want the Master wedges since they would give too much overlap, ie the PW is 115 and the one wedge is 110, NOT a good use for a club in your bag when room is so limited, might as well carry two of the same club too.....

Apparently ACE thought there was a flaw in my reasoning from the beginning but that was more than proven to be futile, I did all my research before I bought any clubs, unlike maybe her......

Here is what my coverage looks like as I have an iron now that is 115 yards (just not the G10 PW yet)

6, 10, 13, 15, 18, 22, 25, 34, 41, 41, 50, 62, 75, 88, 105, (115), etc

Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

This includes Flops, punches, chips, pitches and Full shots.  Go ahead Ace, show us your coverage, or lack there of.....

RSS