Forums

Help › Forums

Re: putting is getting me

Fri, Apr 16 2010 10:42 PM (22 replies)
  • Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 1:25 PM

budthestud:
    thats true them are 2 ways i never thought of the missing it on purpose way thanks snaike......and i am not sure about realistic to the fullest but they do have it close

Here's what I was doing when I got a new putter...  set up a practice round (try to find a FLAT green, like the 4th(?) at Kiawah), and just play with the putter... should get 8 or 9 putts in before max strokes and look at how much the ball bends when you hit it way early, early, just a bit early, dead on, just a bit late, late, way late.

And watch the roll-out.  When you get comfortable with that take it to the course.

It's pretty cool to be sitting on a side-hill lie, aim right at the hole and click it early/late and watch the ball curl around to the hole..  lol

• Stryder1261
    931 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 3:59 PM
    I have the Redwood putter, and tried every ball in the pro shop and practice constantly ! but it doesnt matter, the wind factor and green breaks and the meter footage are inconsistent with what should really happen throughout the game. if the game wants you to make it you will make it, if it doesnt you wont.
  • SANTEESLIMHERE
    5 Posts
    Fri, Apr 16 2010 10:42 PM

b, I'm by far the last to give advice as I average 30 putts per round while hitting it 11 to 14 ft from the pin. But I have found after playing awhile is you can overplay breaks and cut or hook putts in. If you tend to hit just past the white line, play for it. What I have  trouble with now is the new fringe footage, up to 150 feet, when there's no green wider or longer than that. Being 12 feet away on the fringe and the meter goes from 50 to 150 getting close, or making it, is impossible Slim

RSS