Forums

Help › Forums

Important Info Regarding Desktop Windows Update

Mon, Nov 22 2021 9:18 AM (140 replies)
  • birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Tue, Nov 9 2021 3:36 AM

Yiannis1970:

Thanks Yiannis, I tried again and put the parameters as you described, but even after de- and re-installing the game it wouldn't stretch to full screen. Should be okay with the black bars though, it's just a big adjustment to make after playing the better part of two years with the "wrong" 1024*768 resolution.

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Tue, Nov 9 2021 6:35 AM

Try this birchi.

1. Put the game in 'Window' mode.
    2. Set the in-game resolution to its highest option.
    3. If the in-game resolution highest option is equal to or larger than your monitors resolution, skip step 4 and go to step 5.
    4. If the in-game resolution highest option is smaller than your monitors resolution, put the game into a maximized window using the task manager. See HERE.
    5. Then select 'Fullscreen' in the in-game options.

If that doesn't work, try a game RESET then run through the above procedure again.
  • Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Tue, Nov 9 2021 8:34 AM

Take a look guys, might help those who want to use their notes without having to hit win button all the time (fullscreen mode) to get access to calculators, excels etc. Note: When you stream in gaming mode using obs, obs streams only the gaming content and nothing else...so, no problem with the stream at all.

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Tue, Nov 9 2021 10:59 AM

Have you tried making any custom resolutions with your Radeon software Yiannis?

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Tue, Nov 9 2021 11:10 AM

Yes Scott, but due to hdmi connection there are limitations. If i change it to dvi, i have more options. However, i am fine the way it is now.

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Tue, Nov 9 2021 11:17 AM

Ah, I did not know about the HDMI thing, I'm connected via DVI (14 year old monitor). It has an HDMI but for some reason the aspect ratio is out when connected that way and no matter what I tried I could not fix it. Faulty cables, faulty monitor? Who knows. Nearly went mad trying to sort it so I gave up eventually.  : (

• birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Fri, Nov 12 2021 2:05 AM

ScottHope:

Try this birchi.

3. If the in-game resolution highest option is equal to or larger than your monitors resolution, skip step 4 and go to step 5.
    4. If the in-game resolution highest option is smaller than your monitors resolution, put the game into a maximized window using the task manager. See HERE.

If that doesn't work, try a game RESET then run through the above procedure again.

Thanks Scott. If I understand correctly, this solution is for the 1920*sth resolution of the game. There the game is displayed across the whole screen; I'm required to play in the low resolution for the eTour live event though, so I think I'll have to live with the black bars. It's not that bad though, after playing a couple rounds I can already adjust pretty easily. Nevertheless, thanks a lot for your help!

Another problem I ran into is that the meter is incredibly choppy after the update whereas I never had any issues with it on the EA version before. Have there been any similar issues for other people and ways to improve the situation?

• birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Fri, Nov 12 2021 2:05 AM

ScottHope:

Try this birchi.

Thanks Scott. If I understand correctly, this solution is for the 1920*sth resolution of the game. There the game is displayed across the whole screen; I'm required to play in the low resolution for the eTour live event though, so I think I'll have to live with the black bars. It's not that bad though, after playing a couple rounds I can already adjust pretty easily. Nevertheless, thanks a lot for your help!

Another problem I ran into is that the meter is incredibly choppy after the update whereas I never had any issues with it on the EA version before. Have there been any similar issues for other people and ways to improve the situation?

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Fri, Nov 12 2021 5:08 AM

You are welcome birchi.

It's not specifically for 1920 width resolution, it's for any resolution where the game is not filling your entire monitor. I know not everyone wants that, but that's what that was for.

I have a feeling that the in-game resolution options are linked to the size of your monitor, so if I am correct, you should have a resolution option that matches your monitor, but I may be wrong.

I don't know why your meter would be choppy after the update. I think I have seen some other posts complaining of this, but I'm not aware of any solutions as yet.

• MightyMalthus
    13 Posts
    Sun, Nov 21 2021 6:41 PM

No sure where to put this, as multiple queries to WGT Support have gone unanswered, Apologies if I am going over old ground, but I have scoured the forums for an answer to this problem and Scott Hope seems to be The Man when it comes to game issues, so I hope he sees this.

Tech info: Windows 10, desktop app, have had zero issues with the game until...

So on the afternoon of 18 November, I opened the game via the desktop app to play and after clicking on the first window, the 'game is update' window, I was greeted with this instead of the regular home screen:

https://imgur.com/ObqoNzn

And that is as far as I can go. I have uninstalled and re-installed the game probably 4 times and I always end up with the option to either minimize the window or close the window. I have used different app exe files and I have tried o open the game via the golf.exe file in the TopGear folder, but it always ends up here with no place to go.

To add to the problem, WGT Support has utterly vanished. I have received no correspondence from hem, not even the standard automated 'hey, we got your message and we'll get back to you asap' message. It's like they fled the country or something.

Oddly, the app opens just fine on my mobile and all seems normal, but playing on a mobile is an exercise in frustration as far as I'm concerned.

Would be most grateful for any ideas. Thanks in advance.:)

RSS