Forums

Help › Forums

maintenance

Mon, Jun 22 2020 7:26 PM (30 replies)
  • AlaskanDame
    19,031 Posts
    Sat, Jun 20 2020 10:10 PM
    I was playing the Flash version just fine after the emergency maintenance a couple days ago, even though some reported long loading times. Today, I played shortly after wgt day change for CDP, and things were still fine. Now, about 3 - 4 hours later, it is taking 45 seconds to load anything: the game, my club forum, this forum, this thread, even this reply box. And, yes, I cleared cached, signed out, cleared again. Still sooooo sloooow. What changed after CDP time?

Now I will wait another 45 seconds for this to post, and then I'm done for the day, hoping for better tomorrow.
  • headhacker
    98 Posts
    Sat, Jun 20 2020 10:52 PM

Hello - same issue for me this evening. Super slow logins and loading times. Before and after reboot, changing ad blocking preferences, clearing caches. Nothing helped. The site was fine last time I played about 24 hours ago on 6/20 around 1:00 AM ET.

FWIW I missed my own tournament because of the slowness. No biggie but it could have been an important one. 

I'd check the CloudFlare set-up, I saw that in action the other day. Sometimes that can cause slowdowns when misconfigured.

• headhacker
    98 Posts
    Sat, Jun 20 2020 10:53 PM

Hello - same issue for me this evening. Super slow logins and loading times. Before and after reboot, changing ad blocking preferences, clearing caches. Nothing helped. The site was fine last time I played about 24 hours ago on 6/20 around 1:00 AM ET.

FWIW I missed my own tournament because of the slowness. No biggie but it could have been an important one. 

I'd check the CloudFlare set-up, I saw that in action the other day. Sometimes that can cause slowdowns when misconfigured.

• AlaskanDame
    19,031 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2020 9:03 AM

headhacker:
    I have no idea what that is, nor why it would be configured any differently than yesterday.  No updates have happened.  But, fortunately, WGT seems okay today. . . for me.  Perhaps someone else got the bum server today. . . . 

• headhacker
    98 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2020 12:32 PM

I think "bum server" is probably a likely story.

I'm just bummed I missed my own tournament last night, oh well.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,524 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2020 12:51 PM

I understand some of the major US sites were under massive DDoS attack a few days ago. Maybe they still are sporadically and so is WGT?

• Bushbeater4
    1,400 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2020 1:55 PM

jacktrade51:

I have to figure something was broke, and an emergency from WGT perspective  but I have no idea what it was.

Tom.

I was also held out because of the error but I one thing I have noticed is that they are no longer making Ready-Go tournaments atm.... seems like they are just waiting for the ones already running to clear.

Any thoughts on this?

Tim

• 8LACKCL0VER
    2 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2020 2:15 PM

+1 … was really hoping to get a few ready-gos in for fathers day... Game has been very buggy today in alt shot "desktop version" I haven't tried flash yet.

• MFuston
    439 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2020 3:45 PM

I see only a handful of ready go tournaments listed, and only uneven lies.  Anyone else seeing this?

• brianmartin56
    781 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2020 4:15 PM

MFuston:
    I see only a handful of ready go tournaments listed, and only uneven lies.  Anyone else seeing this?

Yes, same here

Brian

RSS