Forums

Help › Forums

Clash 93

rated by 0 users
Sat, Feb 23 2019 6:52 AM (56 replies)
  • Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Thu, Feb 21 2019 12:26 PM

Got to love it,  easy day for top clubs.  So far we drew, bros, x2, and the  guys from texas.( 2  of  the top 3 clubs) Wow, wish I could say what's really on my mind, but would get in trouble.  We r level 12 with 70 members, drawing level 19 clubs with 250 membership. History repeating itself,  little big horn,   lol   positive side, helping top clubs stay there, gl guys. 

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Thu, Feb 21 2019 12:42 PM

If anyone from the bros is reading this,  save your superpasses,  as we aren't even going to try,   gl to u!   

• bossbird
    2,195 Posts
    Thu, Feb 21 2019 1:16 PM

Alaskan dame , isn’t that more reason that we shouldn’t be drawing level 19 clubs , and all three of us play , so that’s 100% participation , but can’t be expected to compete with clubs with 200+ members ! 

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Thu, Feb 21 2019 1:16 PM

you realize Lucky -- if you have enough oversight within your own club to control who will or won't play... you could sit everyone out but one, two, or 3 players who hit nearly every green in regulation, make enough birdies, to win the birdie %, post a very high sand save percentage if there is a par 5, etc... etc... you pick up hundreds or thousands of extra points by winning all of those areas, plus use one or two superpasses strategically to post the highest scoring multipliers and you may not win, but you significantly make their job of "breezing" through points by playing smarter and more strategically.

otherwise you just make their run to the top easier than it would be otherwise.    under the old scoring system it wouldn't matter, volumne always won out, but with the new points awarded for different achievements, it can alter how the clash is played... I have seen one or two players win the majority of the clashes they faced in small clubs simply because they were able to utilize this type of tactic.  

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Thu, Feb 21 2019 1:32 PM

#bossbird -  similar to what I shared with #lucky ... you might reconsider how you view clashes...

it isn't simply about beating the other club but attempting to maximize your own points earned.... how can you do that?  

• AlaskanDame
    18,984 Posts
    Thu, Feb 21 2019 1:54 PM

bossbird:

Alaskan dame , isn’t that more reason that we shouldn’t be drawing level 19 clubs , and all three of us play , so that’s 100% participation , but can’t be expected to compete with clubs with 200+ members ! 

We are against a Level 19 club now that has only 9 members.  I think they would actually be a good match for yours, bossbird, even though Level 19.  What you are facing is lack of membership, not bad pairings by wgt, methinks.  I applaud your % participation though!

• HALFBACKFLANK
    416 Posts
    Thu, Feb 21 2019 2:46 PM

1st Match RSG B9, 2nd match RSG B9, 3rd match RSG B9, 4th match RSG B9. 

• bossbird
    2,195 Posts
    Thu, Feb 21 2019 2:54 PM

El3n1, I am experienced enough to understand the points system , and in fact often play a round where I go all out at each hole to get a long putt , even though I might then only post an awful points score I often get the longest putt , and I am not precious about my average. 

• AlaskanDame
    18,984 Posts
    Thu, Feb 21 2019 5:47 PM
    Cong, RSG, Cong, Cong, Cong.
  • jacktrade51
    10,911 Posts
    Thu, Feb 21 2019 6:04 PM

RSG, Cong, RSG, St.A, RSG so far.

The first 3 were posted earlier.

RSS