Forums

Help › Forums

Leaked

Thu, Apr 6 2017 11:28 AM (61 replies)
  • LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Mon, Oct 12 2015 11:30 PM

Sorry for not coming back to this earlier...princesses are on holidays lol.

This is a 3D hole I made last week as a hobby project : ))))

I though it was very easy to spot the trick, actually Paul did ; ))). It was no intention to confuse anyone but I made it as pure fun. 

There is no WGTcreator of course and I must say WGT avatar shadows are very unreal and never follow the sun shadow direction, etc, etc... (no more critics to their graphics lol)

If I was going to be closer to the a real confusion, I would have uploaded this one....and still would have to remove my own 97 level, the RZN ball and the friends list....LOL

wgt hole 12 aug photo avatar-tee-aug_zpsoxf3bc29.jpg

This is how it looks in  my screen

My point is.....we pay for playing this game on a 3D surface with colidable objects in a HD PICTURE. 

So, why not using 3D to make new courses for WGT and get those HD pictures to put the 3D surface and objects?. New 3D technology allow you to do that and besides being very precise, you can visualize ANY hole in the world and now just that, any fantasy un-existing hole.....there is no limits for 3D visualization.

Hope we get more often than once a year in WGT 3D full courses or a sequence of par 3 holes made out of famous holes, again, fantasy using 3D has no limits whatsoever.

I did not spend lots of time doing that 3D hole but it is much nicer looking than Cabo or Whistlers...which were made in 2008/2009 I could imagine.

Eric

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2015 12:38 AM

High resolution topology all ready exists (right down to the millimeter) for most of the famous courses.

Augusta being one.

Nice recreation of Augusta #12.

TPC Sawgrass, TPC Santonio are  prime examples of courses that has been already been mapped in high resolution detail.

Perhaps, WGT could work out arrangements to implement the photographing of the TPC courses that are played on the PGA tour.

This, would increase the number of courses that could be photographed in any one calendar year, instead of only the US Open venue.

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2015 1:36 AM

Infinito3010:

High resolution topology all ready exists (right down to the millimeter) for most of the famous courses.

Augusta being one.

TPC Sawgrass, TPC Santonio are  prime examples of courses that has been already been mapped in high resolution detail.

Indeed, I did not want to get into design terms but now that you mentioned : ))).

If I could get a high resolution topology of The Golden Bell I would have made this hole with incredible precision in any possible way: elevations, distances, all possible limits (green, fringe, bunkers, fairway, semi rough, rough, forest, etc.).

I did spend more time modelling bloody the hole out of silly lay outs from the net, than creating nature and adding texturing. Here is one for example.

As you can see there are still lots of room for improvement in my visualizations to make it incredible realistic looking ; )))

Infinito3010:

Perhaps, WGT could work out arrangements to implement the photographing of the TPC courses that are played on the PGA tour.

This, would increase the number of courses that could be photographed in any one calendar year, instead of only the US Open venue.

Why photographing when you can create them with a much faster, easier and CHEAPEST way??.... 3D!.
    Infinito3010:

Nice recreation of Augusta #12.

• virtualreality
    122 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2015 1:45 AM

Really nice work indeed Eric.

I actually find the picture quality of your effort far better than the wgt ones ,very professional.

3D rendering do seem to be better than all that fancy helicopter pictures.We would get a lot more courses to play if WGT adopts it.

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2015 1:56 AM

virtualreality:

Really nice work indeed Eric.

I actually find the picture quality of your effort far better than the wgt ones ,very professional.

3D rendering do seem to be better than all that fancy helicopter pictures.We would get a lot more courses to play if WGT adopts it.

Thanks m8 : ))

Here is an oldy visualization of hole 17 at Sawgrass

sawgrass 17 photo test7_zps58649dea.jpg

photo test8lens_zps4324d848.jpg

Very first try tho....lol

Eric

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2015 2:37 AM

Augusta National may be snooty, but it has been used in other video golf games such as Tiger Woods. There's no particular reason they wouldn't let WGT produce there. It would hardly interfere with the members' use of the course, since it is closed for several months out of every year.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2015 6:50 AM

petervcpt:

SweetiePie:

If Obama showed up at these, he would be put to work in the kitchen, or carrying someone's bag  ~ SP ~

Careful, your circumlocutory tendencies are showing. That, and your bigotry.

And your lack of intellect shows better. In reality. there is not a spec of circumduction  in what I said and no evidence of anything provided to you to enable any judgement of my tendencies. The individual in conversation is, as a matter of fact, an idiot. A very dangerous idiot that is harmful to the USA. He is a failure and a disgrace. As for any bigotry, I have none, and as a matter of fact, Dr. Ben Carson is one of two who can get my vote to be the next POTUS.  ~ SP ~

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2015 7:01 AM

Very nice work Eric! 

Questions for you Eric.....

Once you generated the Tee view model, can you change the "camera view" and the program generates the scene from behind the green?

Isn't this the same method used by EA Sports to create their version of Augusta?

Is it really easier to develop courses using the new 3D technology?  From this article, it took EA Sports 10 days to laser scan Augusta and then "the equivalent of 10 people working around the clock for a full year on nothing but Augusta National."

zagraniczniak:
    Augusta National may be snooty, but it has been used in other video golf games such as Tiger Woods. There's no particular reason they wouldn't let WGT produce there.

The license agreement between EA and Augusta called for license fees and proceeds from the sale of the TW Augusta version to go to the Masters Tournament Foundation, an Augusta National charity.  How much the license fees were and what part of the proceeds were not disclosed.  I'd imagine it amounted to $millions. WGT would need to pay a similar amount I'd think.

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2015 7:28 AM

Great stuff, Eric.

See you are using Autodesk. Was it the free dowloadable app version?

Windows 10 has basic 3D design software as part of the package for those wishing to dabble for the 1st time.

*Psst.............. I've actually downloaded the topology for the courses/greens used on here in the past.  Unsure if they are still on WGT's servers though :O)

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2015 7:34 AM

andyson:

Very nice work Eric! 

Questions for you Eric.....

Once you generated the Tee view model, can you change the "camera view" and the program generates the scene from behind the green?

Isn't this the same method used by EA Sports to create their version of Augusta?

Is it really easier to develop courses using the new 3D technology?  From this article, it took EA Sports 10 days to laser scan Augusta and then "the equivalent of 10 people working around the clock for a full year on nothing but Augusta National."

zagraniczniak:
    Augusta National may be snooty, but it has been used in other video golf games such as Tiger Woods. There's no particular reason they wouldn't let WGT produce there.

The license agreement between EA and Augusta called for license fees and proceeds from the sale of the TW Augusta version to go to the Masters Tournament Foundation, an Augusta National charity.  How much the license fees were and what part of the proceeds were not disclosed.  I'd imagine it amounted to $millions. WGT would need to pay a similar amount I'd think.

vs 

Thanks Andy, I remember seeing one render of this hole in one of your post, was it you who made it?

I think my visualization is nicer looking, at least more photo-realistic, than Tiger Woods game or any other 3D visualization of the Golden Bell hole no 12 at Augusta I found in the net....and there is still lots of room to improve the HD picture (render) with better textures and finally the "right" & precise topography : )), to say the least, I could even find precisely the right tree type & plants to be added in the scene & then render.

The "forest" is there in the mesh and you can move the camera wherever you go and see the the same forest (just like in reality), if that was your question.

You need to adjust the textures dimensions when looking at close range to things (for example camera close to the green, flag, etc), like forest, plants, grass, etc, but you save it as a new file and can rotate or move the camera within that range to a millimetre.

You can create the hole course and move the camera anywhere to make the areal views. As said, 3D visualizing has huge possibilities compare to photographing because you do not need anything else but the data and you can decide: weather, time of the year, sunny, overcast even rain, etc . you can even choose an specific location in the world (geography) precise day & time to adjust the sun light...bla, bla, bla.

None of my business but WGT do not need to ask for authorization for a full Augusta course but only for The Golden Bell and indeed ask authorization for some other iconic holes and made a 9 or 18 hole course only with those famous holes...just an idea.

Wish politics were not part of the thread discussion : )))

Eric

RSS