Help › Forums

Re: Attn MisterWGT - Re Another Virtual US Open

rated by 0 users
Sat, Mar 20 2010 9:00 AM (7 replies)
  • dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Fri, Mar 19 2010 10:38 PM

Hi,

I read the "Another Virtual US Open" post with interest, however one issue I am really worried about is your statement - 

"We are adjusting our Starters to hit 285 - in responce to my full email box etc etc etc" - Thats got me really worried !!

We DO NOT WANT ANOTHER TWO here,  for heavens sake - that would be a disaster.

Currently I feel its too easy, there are to many scores under 60 - never the less, I can live with that. But what I cant live with is TWO style scores of 38 for 18 holes. That is totally unrealistic.

Please tell me you're only joking.

Cheers Doug

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Fri, Mar 19 2010 11:10 PM

dorkfeatures:
    We are adjusting our Starters to hit 285 - in responce to my full email box etc etc etc" - Thats got me really worried !!

I for one hope this is BS as if not i will demand my money back on all purchased clubs as the extra distance was why i bought them.

Are you changing the master clubs to hit 310yards.Or we have already been fleeced of our money and now they have aligned with the PGA our money is no longer important.

This will be (if it happens) the straw that breaks the camels back with me.So for 2 years people have payed to get distance and now you will just give in to players who dont pay and dont really support the game, other than playing it.

If this is true im going to play somewhere else.

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Fri, Mar 19 2010 11:14 PM

I believe your erroneous in the 285 yd starter club. 

Misterwgt original post;  I highlighted the area you should take notice

We are adjusting our Starters to hit 285 (and the other clubs accordingly).  This is in direct response to my flooded email box with messages entitled "why can't I shoot in the 40s like other games." 

All kidding aside... please note that our marketing/PR group, which builds the high-resolution images for press purposes, has a mock GUI file.  They do this because it needs to be 300dpi for press purposes.  In this case, I was a bit hasty in posting their work without first reviewing all our new "features.

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Sat, Mar 20 2010 3:41 AM
    Yes, I think it´s rather unlikely they will be doing something like that, he was only joking.
  • AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Sat, Mar 20 2010 6:51 AM

MisterWGT...

I am also choosing to interpret the original statement as a joke.

While you are at it, can you make a way for us to drag and drop the golf ball to whatever location we would like?  :-)  OTHERWISE I DEMAND ALL MY MONEY FROM THE BEGINNING OF TIME TO BE REFUNDED.

Best Regards,  AtlantaCoaster

• NormH3
    214 Posts
    Sat, Mar 20 2010 7:34 AM

I would also like a full income tax refund. Since our government can't seem to get it right, I would like all my money back since 1973. Thank you.

..and that includes Social Security please.

Thank you

• SWoods
    62 Posts
    Sat, Mar 20 2010 9:00 AM

I agree....The scores are already lower than they should be...I was thinking what could be ways of taking it higher...I mean in real golf also a perfect shot does not always yield perfect results and all areas of the golf course are diff so the same shot can get you 195 yards or 205 yards depending on the kick you get. 

Anyways, please do not make things easier...the fun part if the close parallel to real life golf...I would welcome longer driving clubs and metals but if accomppanied by a corresponding increase in course length...no breaking of 50s please.....

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Sat, Mar 20 2010 9:16 AM

I heard that they were moving everyone up to the lady's tees.

RSS