Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Multiplayer - swing all at once

rated by 0 users
Tue, Mar 16 2010 10:49 PM (7 replies)
  • jjayr41
    4 Posts
    Mon, Mar 15 2010 6:51 PM

Not sure if this has been mentioned already but any plans of having stroke play where all players hit at the same time instead of waiting for each players turn? Maybe you can have different colored lines to see where each player has hit the ball? Thanks!

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Tue, Mar 16 2010 12:16 PM

Hi jay and thanks for the suggestion. =)

We will be expanding multiplayer options later on, but it's probably not likely that we would go this specific route.  We're purists at heart and we try to focus as much on the realism aspect as possible.  4 players simultaneously approaching the same green at the same time probably isn't something you'll see here, but you never know. =)

• DuffyWaldorf
    286 Posts
    Tue, Mar 16 2010 7:26 PM

having checked out carTWOon golf , trying to hit the ball with tracer marks of other players hitting at the same time is a bit ridiculous

keep it real

happy golfing

Joe

• jjayr41
    4 Posts
    Tue, Mar 16 2010 8:03 PM

Thanks for the replies! Yeah I think the only game that successfully  implemented this was the original xbox game, Links. They had the colored lines but in no way were they distracting or anything like that. It just kept the flow of the game at a decent pace. (No flaming intended) Yes keeping play as real as it can is a good thing, but it is a PC game LOL....something may have to give...

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Mar 16 2010 10:09 PM

jjayr41:
    Not sure if this has been mentioned already but any plans of having stroke play where all players hit at the same time instead of waiting for each players turn? Maybe you can have different colored lines to see where each player has hit the ball? Thanks!

Not only 'no'... but 'hell, no"...

The other game does that and it completely emasculates and nullifies the entire purpose of a Multi-Player game.  A total and complete waste of time.

All you have at the end of the round is the end of the round with another score on your scorecard.  No chat, no banter, no human contact whatsoever.

As for the tracer lines?  Why?  Just to prove that in that other game that you really are playing the finest cartoon golf online?

Wow.. I played Harding Park on Monday and I didn't see one tracer round on any of the foursomes shots.  /sarcasm

• jjayr41
    4 Posts
    Tue, Mar 16 2010 10:49 PM

Snaike I guess you never play multi-player games right? Using tracer lines, you can still have your so called human contact. You can still chat but if you needed your so called human contact, hit the links in an outdoor environment LOL. Not everyone that plays on-line games has a need to chat, some people may want to just play and not even bother with the chat box.

Cartoon Golf? Wow...much can be said about using the meter for your swing...do real golfers use a meter when they swing? A bit cartoonish/not real golf if I say so myself...but this is another topic that I have seen talked about already..

Hey tracer lines could add some color to this game, that's another plus in regards to lines LOL!

1,644 Posts
    Wed, Mar 17 2010 5:10 AM

I just had an ugly flashback of the "Fox Puck"..... blue streaks everywhere...... *shudder*

• jjayr41
    4 Posts
    Wed, Mar 17 2010 7:32 AM

hahaha!! great reply!!

RSS