Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Idea for a new tournament

Thu, Mar 11 2010 7:54 AM (3 replies)
  • pillsy
    489 Posts
    Thu, Mar 11 2010 5:29 AM

Here's a thought...how about a "WGT Starter Club Tour"

No upgraded clubs or balls, a complete tournament played ONLY with the starter equipment.  I don't have a clue how to set up or run a tournament, so someone else would have to grab the reigns on this one.  i was actually really impressed with coolswing's tournament, that was awesome, and anything i would attempt would pale in comparison (by that i mean half way through the first tournament it would all fall apart.  not pretty)

would others be down for something like this, but more importantly, would anyone want to be responsible for setting this up and running it?

• MizzBowhunter
    153 Posts
    Thu, Mar 11 2010 7:12 AM

That would be cool!  Probably mess up our other game, but fun.  I have been thinking about a way to do a 2 club tourney.  Putter and choose 1 more club, and that is all you can hit.  But since we can't see what the others are hitting, there is no policing of the rules.  I like your idea!

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Thu, Mar 11 2010 7:13 AM

Coolswing actually did one of these mid last year ...

• pillsy
    489 Posts
    Thu, Mar 11 2010 7:54 AM

i would imagine all the rounds would have to be practice ones so people don't mess up their averages (for the ones that care) but also so masters aren't hitting from the master tees in the parking lot with a 225yd driver and can actually reach the fairways off the tee

RSS