rated by 0 users
Fri, Feb 26 2010 1:04 AM (7 replies)
    1,644 Posts
    Thu, Feb 25 2010 7:13 PM

Is this the first?

• duffer66
    700 Posts
    Thu, Feb 25 2010 7:18 PM

In my book it is. playing with a friend today I said this couse is too easy someones going to blow St Andrews away. I, not very good and shot -3 my first round. Way to go Lee I can hear the rumors starting already.

duff

• foley1362
    22 Posts
    Thu, Feb 25 2010 8:11 PM

Beats my 29, then again so did your earlier 28 too :)

Nice shooting AVLee.

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Thu, Feb 25 2010 8:24 PM

Is this the first?

Goodness gracious,that sure is something.That just looks good don't it.All those check marks and circles.Very nice round.

• columbiacgt
    565 Posts
    Fri, Feb 26 2010 12:03 AM

IMO the ST Andrews course, although spectacular, is far too easy. It has no connection with reality, I bet today we will see a 25 (eagle on 5 and 9). St Andrews is a very demanding course because of the bounces on the greens, you must know exactly where to land the ball, so it rolls close to the pin otherwise you will find yourself out of the green or with a 200 ft putt. Generally speaking, I think the mechanics of the swing should be revised so that mis-hits are more penalized in terms of distance and direction, just like in real golf.

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Fri, Feb 26 2010 12:29 AM

that all you got lee?

:)

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Fri, Feb 26 2010 12:32 AM

Presently, I look at the addition of St. Andrews of improving your overall course management skills.  The more you learn the more it will benefit you on other courses.

Secondly, when WGT implements shot making and lies the dynamics of everything will change.  You don't always get a level lie in the middle of the fairway.  Thus, why not take the opportunity to learn as much as possible.  I for one congratulate Mr. Lee's accomplishment.  Nice shooting.

• paulmcm
    449 Posts
    Fri, Feb 26 2010 1:04 AM

It's one thing making the ball bounce a bit harder on greens and fairways - but you need the wind to be much more unpredictable, you need it to gust now and again like it does in real links golf - and you rarely see balls stop dead on a links green like the SD ball does. As Columbia said, its all about learning the contours.

RSS