Forums

Help › Forums

Re: St Patrick's Day ball

rated by 0 users
Mon, Mar 19 2012 8:24 PM (5 replies)
  • DaveGH
    34 Posts
    Sun, Mar 18 2012 1:21 PM

WGT misses another trick....If they gave out top-of the range balls for those who have never used them like Nike or Callaway...they may develop another customer base.

Giving out these balls is no good to better players who never use them and doesn't encourage lesser players to make the investment. If they try they would buy,,,,so if you are giving out freebies....make them the best balls. After all, it doesn't cost you anything.

• giraffedog
    144 Posts
    Sun, Mar 18 2012 3:46 PM

Agreed.

But every post i do is up for review...........lot to say, not allowed.

• BOBTX61
    311 Posts
    Sun, Mar 18 2012 4:30 PM

Well.........Funny thing about the "GREEN" ball that I rec'd as a "bonus"....the day before St. Patrick's Day.  Today (March 18th), I first began to use my new green ball on the tee @ Hole #1 - St. Andrew's.  OK, I've played this course at least 50 times...have a 72.3 avg...not great, but not terrible.  I believe my stats say my "driving" is around 85% avg...often times, I have a 100% driving avg. at the end of 18 holes on most courses I play.  I notice a SIGN popped up to basically WARN me...I only have (1) "green ball"...and it encourages me to "buy" more of them.  So, for now, I realize I have to play cautiously with this (1) green ball...like, do NOT hit it into the WATER....just don't lose it.  I had wind at my back on Tee #1....hit the ball "accurately"......................so, what happens?...it goes way off to the RIGHT into the water canal...LOST!  Couldn't believe it!  Over 50 times I've hit that shot on St. Andrews and NEVER hit my ball into the water on the right....though, I have hit the water canal several times (when the pin placement was just on the other side of the water canal).......I would be interest to learn IF any other members LOST their new "green ball" that they were awarded on St. Patrick's Day.....similar to HOW I lost mine.  Hey, I don't mean to complain here...I'm really loving this website!!!  Just thought this is a bit ODD.....like, maybe someone wants to sell me some more "green balls"....just saying.

• BOBTX61
    311 Posts
    Sun, Mar 18 2012 4:40 PM

P.S......just after losing my "green ball" on the first tee @ St. Andrew's....I started another game.  OK...had the same wind (wind at my back - right to left) - the same wind direction and nearly the same wind speed I had when I lost my "green ball". I hit my ball the SAME way againe...but, this time...my ball landed well LEFT of the water canal (right where I wanted it).  I realize the balls are "different"......................but.  My next shot was OVER the water canal...just 8 feet from the hole and I birdied the hole...think I'll stick with my "starter balls"....*smile*

• 1100SHADOW
    48 Posts
    Mon, Mar 19 2012 3:59 AM

BOBTX61:

Well.........Funny thing about the "GREEN" ball that I rec'd as a "bonus"....the day before St. Patrick's Day.  Today (March 18th), I first began to use my new green ball on the tee @ Hole #1 - St. Andrew's.  OK, I've played this course at least 50 times...have a 72.3 avg...not great, but not terrible.  I believe my stats say my "driving" is around 85% avg...often times, I have a 100% driving avg. at the end of 18 holes on most courses I play.  I notice a SIGN popped up to basically WARN me...I only have (1) "green ball"...and it encourages me to "buy" more of them.  So, for now, I realize I have to play cautiously with this (1) green ball...like, do NOT hit it into the WATER....just don't lose it.  I had wind at my back on Tee #1....hit the ball "accurately"......................so, what happens?...it goes way off to the RIGHT into the water canal...LOST!  Couldn't believe it!  Over 50 times I've hit that shot on St. Andrews and NEVER hit my ball into the water on the right....though, I have hit the water canal several times (when the pin placement was just on the other side of the water canal).......I would be interest to learn IF any other members LOST their new "green ball" that they were awarded on St. Patrick's Day.....similar to HOW I lost mine.  Hey, I don't mean to complain here...I'm really loving this website!!!  Just thought this is a bit ODD.....like, maybe someone wants to sell me some more "green balls"....just saying.

Yes me,

Found the green ball in my bag, started a 9 hole at SA, 25mph tailwind, driven with this tailwind before and stopped about 10yds or so from the canal, but this time ran on and on and on and on, 345 yards, only ever driven this far once before after a bounce on a roadway, but this time, plink, into the water, what a load of crop.

Don't like green balls anyway, I can't find em in the long fairway grass.

• mcmatt82
    1 Posts
    Mon, Mar 19 2012 8:24 PM

I'm sorry to interrupt but I was wondering if anyone wanted me to join their CC.

RSS