Help › Forums

Re: Our 4 Nines

Thu, Feb 25 2010 2:21 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Tue, Feb 23 2010 9:33 AM

SweetiePie:

One thing that can get me exercised is that I find Kiawah hole #2 to be the easiest par we have and never a done deal birdie regardless of how close I get it to the pin. The most annoying 3' to 4' putts I can think of.

I try to leave my 3rd shot on #2 just short of the hole or even with it. Anything past the hole seems to run 10 ft or more and the speed and break on the putt coming back are really tough for me.

• oppy
    286 Posts
    Tue, Feb 23 2010 12:53 PM

1) BPB F9

2) K B9

3) K F9

4) BPB B9

• DougBieker
    333 Posts
    Wed, Feb 24 2010 6:57 AM
    I would agree with your rankings completely Sweetie.....I find I make fewer birdies on KI #2 than any other Par 5 in the rotation.......holes 4 and 5 and even 6 at times where clubs seem to go different yardages frustrate me hence keeping it in the third slot in our rankings.
  • Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, Feb 24 2010 4:22 PM

1 - Kiawah front 9

2 - Kiawah back 9

3 - Bethpage front 9

4 - Bethpage back 9

2 and 3 can go either way.

Bethpage Black and I don't get along, yet. It will submit though come hell or high water.  lol

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Feb 24 2010 4:51 PM

Richard4168:
    Bethpage Black and I don't get along, yet.

I don't like playing it that much either. After a while it seems to be very predictable and, to a certain degree, boring...with the exception of #15, of course, and the fact that you start thinking about it right away when you had a good run of birdies knowing you can crap out two of them in a heartbeat even if you hit the green. LOL

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, Feb 24 2010 5:22 PM

SweetiePie:
    and the fact that you start thinking about it right away when you had a good run of birdies knowing you can crap out two of them in a heartbeat even if you hit the green. LOL

So true Sweetiepie. The front isn't bad and birdies can be plenty, but the back nine makes you straighten up in your computer chair a little bit. I sometimes get the feeling everything I accomplished on the front is going to disappear on the back. I'm determined to beat the back 9 at BP though.

Another neat thread, Sweetiepie.

• oppy
    286 Posts
    Thu, Feb 25 2010 10:44 AM

Make the title: our 5 nines!

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Thu, Feb 25 2010 12:02 PM

I wonder where people are going to rank St. A. 

The 9th is pretty dang easy for par 4 and the 5th par 5 as well, should be an easy eagle hole and makes the albatross possible, spin balls definitely help on that one. 

Obviously wind can be a factor but I'm going to put it like this:

KB9
    --------
    SAF9
    KF9         <-------  these 3 almost interchangable depending on conditions
    BPF9
    ---------
    BPB9

I think I might still might put KF9 as a touch easier than St. A, but that might due to just more play, St. A will keep getting a little easier with more play. 

• pinkgirl34
    59 Posts
    Thu, Feb 25 2010 2:21 PM

Easiest: Kiawah, Back 9 (Except for Hole 17)

Second Easiest: St. Andrews, Front 9 (Greens are what makes it harder than KB9)

Third Easiest: Kiawah, Front 9 (Holes 4 and 5 makes it hard)

Second Hardest: Bethpage, Front 9 (Because of Holes 5 and 7)

Hardest: Bethpage, Back 9 (Because of Holes 10, 15, and 17)

• PAGES
RSS