Help › Forums

Re: Just Saying Hi!

rated by 0 users
Tue, Feb 23 2010 9:24 AM (7 replies)
  • krokk
    34 Posts
    Sun, Feb 21 2010 1:06 PM

Hello fellow golfers.

Found this site 5 days ago, while taking a breather from another online game.  I paid monthly for 3 seperate accounts for another game, and in the game I played, that was considered normal.  In order to get things done, you had to spend money.  Although this a free game, I ended up buying credits after checking things out the 5 days I have been here, and have today, closed my accounts on the other game. Honestly, I have had more fun these last few days here, and am very happy to see a vibrant communty with so many helpful folks.

By the way, the WGT folks here really have it together. Since there is no monthly fee to play, it's nice to see that there is some way for them to generate revenue in order to keep this going.

Shopping in the Pro Shop, took me back to my first real life shopping spree for golf equipment.  Once is never enough...lol

All this new equipment... now I have to learn how to play with it all!

See ya on the boards ;)

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Mon, Feb 22 2010 12:11 PM

Welcome to WGT, krokk!

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Mon, Feb 22 2010 12:31 PM

krokk:
    Shopping in the Pro Shop, took me back to my first real life shopping spree for golf equipment.  Once is never enough...lol

Truer words have never been spoken LOL. Welcome aboard, krokk!

• ghettocop1
    259 Posts
    Mon, Feb 22 2010 1:33 PM
    Welcome! I also found the act of virtual shopping to be quite exciting.
  • eternalspirit
    255 Posts
    Mon, Feb 22 2010 1:41 PM

Hi Krokk - take a look at what i wrote to someone els who is new

>

welcome to what i think is the best online game. it has realism, it has a great community, it has the option to buy game improving equipment. there are some great people on here who are always willing to help. i score well thanks to the people i've met.

below are some links that IMO are paramount if you want to get off to a good start. 

• Click Here for a great putting guide. -  i cant speak for everyone but i know this is an essential tool for what is considered the hardest area of the game. 
    • Click Here for a Great short game guide - probably my favourite tool. people on here will complain about the way the rough/bunkers play. best thing to do is accept the programme and use this guide. it will help you make those chips pitch and flop shots that are so important(excellent resource!)
    • after you have practised a lot and you feel ready to upgrade (when making pro tier)  CLICK HERE for an amazing guide to the "pro shop". it is a comparison guide of all the clubs WGT has to offer. however if you do upgrade i advise to get Ping G10 set pro, then Master set when you reach master. 
    • finally there is a small community of players on WGT who gather to chat on a programme call mIRC, some of the best players are on here and its great to have a round with them, get to know good players and learn some useful tips along the way. HERE IS THE LINK for more details

finally just have fun. you will get frustrated with the game but let it pass. the pro's of this game far outweigh the con's. just get to know the clubs u have and the courses you play. check out the forums for great advice and try not to join the whiners as tempting as it can be as it just ruins your WGT experience.

Good luck out there

• NormH3
    214 Posts
    Mon, Feb 22 2010 2:04 PM

Stay out of the rough, and you will be OK!

• ZipZapGuy
    32 Posts
    Mon, Feb 22 2010 8:19 PM

Hey trying to make some friends on here. Just joined up today.. Got hook'd on it.. Already been playing constantly played like 5 hours straight.. Already shooting low scores from the amount of time played. Really good graphics. Hope to see some of you on the course ;)

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Tue, Feb 23 2010 9:24 AM

Welcome to the site

RSS