Forums

Help › Forums

Re: hello all

rated by 0 users
Sat, Feb 20 2010 10:05 AM (4 replies)
  • marcbgd
    81 Posts
    Thu, Feb 18 2010 8:05 PM

I've been playing regularly for the last month, been on a few months longer but didn't play much. I finally reached pro and bought some better  clubs that helped me  improve my game and got my score down some. One thing I'm curious to know,,,how do you good guys get 18-20 below par in these events??? Tdistance of the clubs, forgiveness and all that helps I'm sure, but....If any of you guys have honest helpful tips I would appreciate it. Good luck to all. Maybe in a year or two I can improve a little. LOL

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Thu, Feb 18 2010 9:03 PM

Welcome to the site. 

I've only been here for a month and a half but I know how they do it, practice.  

Some of them have played 700 or 1000 rounds on the same two courses.  After playing so many times you really get to learn all the little tricks of each course and the game itself.  Heck I shot my first 31 the other day and only have 35 rounds in so far, imagine after 350 rounds.

Good clubs definitely help and so does being an actual golfer since you know how the ball should roll, bounce, etc. 

Have fun and if you never seen them yet, check out the putting and chipping tips over there on the right in the FAQ   ------------------------------------------------------------->

• marcbgd
    81 Posts
    Fri, Feb 19 2010 1:34 PM

Thanks a lot Jay, I know you are right....practice, practice, practice...Yeah, I used to be a 12 handicapper back in the day, and have to start over.....thanks for the advice.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Feb 19 2010 1:45 PM

marc-A lot of the really low scores you see come in tournaments that have masters teeing off from the pro tees. This is not the norm. The RGs are a good sampling of what the legit scores look like. 

• marcbgd
    81 Posts
    Sat, Feb 20 2010 10:05 AM

Thanks Jim....maybe one day i will get that good and have a really low score lol.

RSS