Forums

Help › Forums

Re: RECENT Rising Averages And "Slumping" Performance - As Of February 2010

Fri, Feb 12 2010 8:45 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • werksux
    241 Posts
    Thu, Feb 11 2010 7:52 AM
    I've noticed the same as well, mine has vaulted from an avg between 61 - 62 up 65 range, been tough to hold that some days lately. Has anyone else noticed that all the 9 hole ready go's seem to stuck on FAST green speed only? I wish they'd set it back to random, the mix was one of the few things that DO change when you play the same courses OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER... you get the idea.
  • gzabriskie
    30 Posts
    Thu, Feb 11 2010 10:09 AM

Well... I'll tell ya what really screws with my average is these 17 - 20+ MPH winds.  I just cannot get a handle on them whatsoever.  Especially the cross winds, they really tear a new one in my score. 

The other thing that usually gets me, but only for a hole or so.. and that is when I start one of those games and NOT notice the green speed is slow or standard.  I am so used to playing the very fast greens, that I know just where to draw the meter back to, anyway you get the point.

But I keep trying and trying....

I will have to admit to dropping a game here and there, but NOT the RG's or when in match play.  And as of late if I feel the need to just hack around for a while I have started using the practice rounds so the average dosen't get squashed.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Thu, Feb 11 2010 10:17 AM

My average is directly tied to 2 things.

My timing.

My putting.

When my average drops, it's because my timing is sharp and my putts are falling.

When my average goes up, it's because my timing is off and my putts are skimming the edges (or lipping out).

• CaptainCouples
    135 Posts
    Thu, Feb 11 2010 12:10 PM

marioh:

My average is directly tied to 2 things.

My timing.

My putting.

When my average drops, it's because my timing is sharp and my putts are falling.

When my average goes up, it's because my timing is off and my putts are skimming the edges (or lipping out).

Well said Marioh

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Thu, Feb 11 2010 7:45 PM

@yankee,

" it only takes a par score to get your money back, most of the time"  I Think not my friend.

From my experience you have to shoot better than that to get your money back. Thats why since turning Master I have given the Ready Go's away. A par score at best, from me -  is not good enough to get my money back - so why bother throwing money away.

When I feel confident that my game can stand up to a competition round then I'll come back in. Meanwhile I'll continue to practice as much as I can, and hopefully slowly improve my game.

Cheers Doug

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Thu, Feb 11 2010 8:56 PM

dorkfeatures:

@yankee,

" it only takes a par score to get your money back, most of the time"  I Think not my friend.

From my experience you have to shoot better than that to get your money back. Thats why since turning Master I have given the Ready Go's away. A par score at best, from me -  is not good enough to get my money back - so why bother throwing money away.

When I feel confident that my game can stand up to a competition round then I'll come back in. Meanwhile I'll continue to practice as much as I can, and hopefully slowly improve my game.

Cheers Doug

I'm with you on this sentiment, even though I'm not at the Master level yet and I wish they would have a RG for Pro level. 

Unless you can shoot 32 there is no point going in current RG and only Master's and severe sandbagging Pros are shooting that. 

Lower, great you might win and for sure 31 will get you some dough, 33-34 break even.  That is my "outside" analogy and until I can shoot 32 you wont see me in the RG's which is why I wish they had a Pro tier RG. 

I know, I know then the sandbagging will be even worse.  WGT really needs to find a way to crack down on it, shouldnt be that hard, they're ruining some things for the other players. 

My 2 cents

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2010 4:38 AM

32/33 for Kiawah will usually get you your credits back with a small profit.   But it really depends on when you play and who else is signed up.    The back 9 scores tend to be better than the front 9, so 32 for back 9 and 33 for front 9, and you'll typically make a profit every RG.

I don't know about the BPB RG's as I only play RG's that I know I can make a relatively easy profit in.

• werksux
    241 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2010 7:34 AM
    Only difference w/ BPB & Kiawah is that on BPB your score can be a little higher & still get your money back. I've pulled off several 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place finishes w/ scores that I thought might only break me even. You can't win if you won't play the game.
  • XBic
    7 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2010 8:45 AM
    I have to agree with AtlantaCoaster on this one... I flat stink on the new BPB pin placements.
  • PAGES
RSS