Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Help, cant get it close after making master

rated by 0 users
Fri, Feb 12 2010 12:15 AM (4 replies)
  • kwoody94
    34 Posts
    Wed, Feb 10 2010 12:03 PM
    Ok I made Master after a few months of playing. I have played several rounds and see one huge difference, I can't get it close on my second shots. I bought the master G10 driver so distance off the tee is not an issue. I have tried all kinds of different balls and have settled on the slower meter ones. but I cannot make it bite at all. Even with a perfect shot on the meter, and full BS the ball will not stop. I noticed that in single play games the green speed is always "very fast". Where I was knocking it stiff as a pro, I can't get it within 15 as a master. It is killing my average and I am fast losing intrest. So is there something I can practice or work on to improve my second shot accuracy? I have the Rapture irons. I loved them from the beginning so I don't think its equipment. Maybe I am just too old and slow to play at this level. So if any of you aces got any words of wisdom, I am all ears. I am open for a playing lesson or what ever it takes. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kwoody94 ( Ken)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Feb 10 2010 12:29 PM

kwoody-You're experiencing a natural occurrence-your average will go up as a master until you adjust, which it looks like you're having trouble doing. That driver should be getting you to the same spots you drove to off the tee as a pro, with a few exceptions. Those 2 starter wedges are a problem, though. You're going to need the ball control on your second (third) shot to the green and they will never make you happy. Get 2 more Satins (one being the 64w)and look at the spin rating of them when you do. Use a ball with S in the suffix for more spin and you'll be throwing darts.

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Wed, Feb 10 2010 12:36 PM

I have the Master Ping G10 driver (8.0), but I also use the Pro G10 irons set. They both have the same (fast) swing speed. Maybe the transition from your new "fast" driver to the "slower" Rapture irons is taking it's toll on your accuracy? Just a thought....

Try a couple "practice swings" before your approach shots for a while... maybe that'll make the transition smoother.

Good Luck.

• kwoody94
    34 Posts
    Wed, Feb 10 2010 1:20 PM
    Thanks guys for both of those quick responses. All help is appreciated. Jim I have thought about changing wedges but the issue extends to all approach shot. Does not matter if it is a wedge or a 6 iron. Spin balls may help but it seems not only is the stopping a problem but so is the accuracy, that is why I went to the slower meter balls. Seems if I miss the meter just a little the ball goes way off line thus leaving a 15 to 20 foot putt. This seems to be worse if I miss it right of the "dinger". I plan on taking your advice on the wedges Guess I just need to keep on practicing
  • jpalermo
    8 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2010 12:15 AM

get rid of the rapture irons, get the g10 masters and some tour s balls.

RSS