Forums

Help › Forums

Re: all of a sudden cant putt

rated by 0 users
Mon, Feb 15 2010 3:52 AM (9 replies)
  • bifferskipper
    76 Posts
    Wed, Feb 10 2010 5:38 AM

Ever since the last patch/update me and my friends have notice that the putts we have sank for maybe one hundered times are not going in. Now, i do not move the aiming cursor to putt, just hit the offset (unless its a real bad slope) and i am noticing that the ball is taking off from the club head quite erratically. This kinda reminds me of the deviation on the drives where you hit a hairs width off and the balls takes off in that direction. Also the breaks that are displayed via the dots on the green seem to be ..well,,,just not quite right,,,i am missing everything from 2 footers to 8 footers whereas before  i was sinking nearly every putt, Now it seems Molly Brown and I have something in common,,,,unsinkable( lol) Just would like to know if anyone else has seen or is experiencing the same drastic differences on the green . All serious replies are welcomed, Thank you in Advance,,,,bifferskipper

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Feb 10 2010 6:16 AM

There may be higher forces at work here, biff. This thread lays out the discussion of what they may be. Short version-you're getting too good with the dings and are being "vemmed" if it's to be believed.

http://wgt.com/forums/t/8462.aspx

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, Feb 10 2010 6:58 AM

Biffer... do what the pros do (even though you're a Master), get a new putter!  I see you're using the old starter putter.  Maybe it's time to upgrade.  Perhaps more inconsistencies have been programmed into that old putter.  I've seen Masters with starter irons, but never a starter putter.

• bifferskipper
    76 Posts
    Wed, Feb 10 2010 7:59 AM

Doublemochaman:

Biffer... do what the pros do (even though you're a Master), get a new putter!  I see you're using the old starter putter.  Maybe it's time to upgrade.  Perhaps more inconsistencies have been programmed into that old putter.  I've seen Masters with starter irons, but never a starter putter.

ok....you might be on to something there....now ...any suggestions on which would be the best putter...or should i say which one would be closest to what i am used to..lol also i bought the redwood a while back and practiced with it for a whole day (did the same with masters clubs) and couldnt make a putt....sold it back and went back to the starters....i know there is a getting used to period..however i would appreciate any suggestions on which one to get.....thank you so very much DblmMan for your reply

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Feb 10 2010 8:01 AM

YankeeJim:
    This thread lays out the discussion of what they may be. Short version-you're getting too good with the dings and are being "vemmed" if it's to be believed.

Ok, say it with me kids.... on the count of 3...

3!

It's not a bug, it's a FEATURE!!

Have a nice day.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, Feb 10 2010 8:10 AM

Biffer, it looks to me like a lot of people are jumping on board with the new Daytona putter.  Even some of the long-time Masters  are switching over from the Redwood.  Might be worth a try.

• bifferskipper
    76 Posts
    Wed, Feb 10 2010 8:29 AM

Doublemochaman:

Biffer, it looks to me like a lot of people are jumping on board with the new Daytona putter.  Even some of the long-time Masters  are switching over from the Redwood.  Might be worth a try.

Thanks DblmMan , i was just now looking at the specs on it and it seemed pretty apealing...there is a thread here by nivlac about judging the dist on the meter by the movements of the putter head and that helped me alot,,,just got to try and get used to  the new putter.....going for the daytona...i will send u a msg and let ya know...again i cannot thank you enough for your sincere reply and willingness to help me with this issue...thanks bro...biffer

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Feb 10 2010 8:56 AM

Snaike:

It's not a bug, it's a FEATURE!!

Have a nice day.

Where did the bug complaint show up?  I believe the OP was pointing out inconsistencies in his putter and the DMM pointed him in a good direction.

RIF

• casperspal
    18 Posts
    Sun, Feb 14 2010 9:22 PM

Hey Biff, you and i have played somewhere close to 50 rounds together so I feel that my input would be helpful here. No matter what putter you get sooner or later the WOW factor (also known as VEM) will take effect. My suggestion is to save your money and do what the pros do. Get yourself a therapist and work it out bro. I think WGT should provide free Anger Management classes and it should be governed so we can vent our feelings without fear of negative comments and attacks from those who disagree. 

Replies from Bifferskipper only please.

• bifferskipper
    76 Posts
    Mon, Feb 15 2010 3:52 AM

casperspal:

Get yourself a therapist and work it out bro. I think WGT should provide free Anger Management classes and it should be governed so we can vent our feelings without fear of negative comments and attacks from those who disagree. 

Replies from Bifferskipper only please.

LMAO.. How much u charge for an hour?roflmao maybe we can exchange lessons lol

RSS