Forums

Help › Forums

Re: damn you priestess

rated by 0 users
Wed, Feb 10 2010 6:31 AM (8 replies)
  • neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Mon, Feb 8 2010 3:01 PM

Finally, looking for my first ready-go victory, and you had to tie my 30. 

only 1 score left to post though.  The shame is I could have shot much better, missed 4 dumb putts under 10ft, short each time.

Gonna be a celebration tonight if I win/tie, the miller high life will be flowing.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Mon, Feb 8 2010 3:03 PM

Of course the last person to post, shoots 29.  Victory yanked away at the very end.  Gonna be a long bus ride to the next tournament.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Mon, Feb 8 2010 3:23 PM

lol, i actually posted a blog post here on that rg.   that was the fastest paying rg i've been a part of.

i birdied the first 7 holes, and burned the edges on the last 2 birdie putts.  :)

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Mon, Feb 8 2010 7:57 PM
    do you believe i just missed a downhill 4.7ft on 18 to shoot 29, ugh. I mean this might as well be real golf, I just put my head down in shame like I through away the open, I need help
  • marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Tue, Feb 9 2010 4:03 AM

i know the feeling.   i always screw up at least 1 hole, which is probably why i haven't shot under 29 yet.   and it's almost always a short putt which i'd bury 99/100 times if it were for par.

• AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Tue, Feb 9 2010 6:09 AM

LOL.

There are any number of names that this could have been addressed to.  PRIESTESS happens to be the target of your wrath in this particular case - she and a number of others have also from time to time foiled My Own Evil Plans for Ready-Go Supremacy.  If it's not PRIESTESS it is NorthernStar or Infinito or (any number other names).  (rogerdade seems to have vanished lately)

In any event - I always LIKE seeing some of the regular names.  Note what sometimes happens, though - EVERYONE - (Myself included) is occasionally thrown for a loop by HIGH WIND, the infamous STANDARD Green Speed or some other variable and the Leaderboard will shuffle up a bit.

In any event the competition is fun and it is always interesting to see where people fall in the Leaderboards.

Never a dull moment.  Regards, AtlantaCoaster

• oldassbob
    8 Posts
    Tue, Feb 9 2010 6:41 PM

Hay nothing to do with you guys and girls, id like to know First how did you get so low score? Ive been playing for sometime now and just cant brake 80, heck im lucky if i can get to 80. Also WGT is a San Franscico based company, why is there not a SF course yet? thay have some good ones. Oldassbob

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Tue, Feb 9 2010 7:06 PM

Dear Oldbuttbob... Wow!  You've played 164 ranked rounds yet you are still averaging in the high 80's.  We gotta get you turned around.

Your fairways hit % is good, but your greens in regulation sucks at 28%.  And your sand saves and scramble saves are off the chart... the low end.  Your putting could use some work, as well.

You've got good clubs, so those are not holding you back.  Are you factoring in the wind on your approach shots to the green?  Are you utilizing ball spin?  I'd suggest spending some time on the course working on your short game.  Maybe ask one of the better players here to play a round with you and give you some "on course" tips.

I'm assuming your meter is okay.  No better or worse than the rest of us.

Good luck!

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Wed, Feb 10 2010 6:31 AM

OLDBUTTTUB, not to get on you about this but how do you not score better, I have only been on a short time, and my first posted round was under 80 on black after a quadruple bogey first hole.  Like mentioned before get your greens in regs up.  If you check out the best players, they have greens in reg higher than 70%, and average approach less than 14ft. 

Once you do that you will have more birdie opps, which will mean lower scores.  Take note of the winds, use back spin on most of your shots, and take mental notes of different putts, chips, pitches and sandshots.  YOu should be noticing certain behaviors of your shots and holes, like for example certain holes I play 5yds longer and THEN factor in the factor in the wind.  Other than that you just have to know where to miss on the hard holes, #4 on kiawah, #5 on bethpage and #15 on bethpage, you miss to the proper places you should be seeing the same next shot over and over pretty regularly.

RSS