Forums

Help › Forums

Re: moving target flag

rated by 0 users
Thu, Feb 4 2010 9:57 PM (1 replies)
  • Moltar
    8 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2010 6:36 PM
    i have been putting using the target bar ever since i started playing. now im having 2nd thoughts about this method since it appears that co. has made some changes- i can't put my finger on but things just dont look or feel right. during my practice rnds maybe a month and a half ago i could make birdies allday with the best of them. then when i would go 2 a scored rnd i would struggle here and there. in the present now, i barely can make par on the exact shots i have been playing since day 1. what im trying to say here is that the practice rnds have been easier than the scored rnds which i think is not fare. when pros play each week they play practice rnds that they hope to take the scored rnds when it counts. lately my practice rnds have met with unjustifyable mistakes, it's like the program wants me to fail. anyway getting bk to moving flag. there must be a formula 2 follow in determining where to move the flag(yes from the reverse angle) and also from the front. I have yet to brk 72 since joining in oct 09. it would be very much appreciated if there r others among's us that could put in me in the right direction 2 not only save my sanity, but 2 greatly improve my game thanks moltar
  • AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2010 9:57 PM

Moltar:
    i have been putting using the target bar ever since i started playing. now im having 2nd thoughts about this method since it appears that co. has made some changes- i can't put my finger on but things just dont look or feel right. during my practice rnds maybe a month and a half ago i could make birdies allday with the best of them. then when i would go 2 a scored rnd i would struggle here and there. in the present now, i barely can make par on the exact shots i have been playing since day 1. what im trying to say here is that the practice rnds have been easier than the scored rnds which i think is not fare. when pros play each week they play practice rnds that they hope to take the scored rnds when it counts. lately my practice rnds have met with unjustifyable mistakes, it's like the program wants me to fail. anyway getting bk to moving flag. there must be a formula 2 follow in determining where to move the flag(yes from the reverse angle) and also from the front. I have yet to brk 72 since joining in oct 09. it would be very much appreciated if there r others among's us that could put in me in the right direction 2 not only save my sanity, but 2 greatly improve my game thanks moltar

When you play a practice round do you set it for the pro tees, strong winds, and fast greens? if you do it should be the same conditions as in a scored (ranked) round.

RSS