Forums

Help › Forums

Re: New pin location, Bp #7

rated by 0 users
Thu, Feb 4 2010 5:45 PM (5 replies)
  • cobra4
    359 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2010 10:30 AM

If bethpage black hole #7 wasn't hard enough as it was with the original pin location where it was to score a birdie, i would love to see the 1st  recorded birdie posted here. The new pin location is inaccesible where it is now, ....way too difficult, how the hell are you going to stop a 3w from landing on the green ?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2010 10:46 AM

Bump and run like on 15.

• cobra4
    359 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2010 10:48 AM

Can you show me how to do this then YJ ? with a big bunker right in front off the hole

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2010 11:09 AM

My bad, cobra-I was thinking of 5. I went to see what you're talking about and wowser-you are right. The new location does kinda suck. I even did a little experimenting to see where the roll takes you and it sure isn't anywhere near the hole.

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2010 11:43 AM

The seventh hole on BPB is normally a par 5, but the U.S. open plays it as a par 4.  As for a birdie hole, very rarely. With the new pin location, definitely makes it challenging. 

The ability of  reaching the green in 2 is seldom unless the wind is in right direction. Then one needs to make a decision.  Can I get the ball to the centre of the green and putt from there for a birdie putt.  Or let the ball run through green which you now have either a pitch, long chip or lob to get the ball close and putt par. 

The other approach would be to lay up and have a lob wedge to the hole.

As for the pin location I think its great.   You have several options depending on wind conditions and your comfort zone in executing your next shot. 

It definitely tests our metal sort of speak.

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2010 5:45 PM

Infinito3010:

The seventh hole on BPB is normally a par 5, but the U.S. open plays it as a par 4.  As for a birdie hole, very rarely. With the new pin location, definitely makes it challenging. 

The ability of  reaching the green in 2 is seldom unless the wind is in right direction. Then one needs to make a decision.  Can I get the ball to the centre of the green and putt from there for a birdie putt.  Or let the ball run through green which you now have either a pitch, long chip or lob to get the ball close and putt par. 

The other approach would be to lay up and have a lob wedge to the hole.

As for the pin location I think its great.   You have several options depending on wind conditions and your comfort zone in executing your next shot. 

It definitely tests our metal sort of speak.

Or to prove you have a set of brass ones.  :)

RSS