Wed, Feb 22 2012 5:48 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2012 4:43 AM

The "sperimental" nature of this project caught my eye

as toothpicks prop them open whilst I jot a quick reply

Far better deprivation than succumbing to a sleep

that edge of chair suspensefulness as this would surely keep...

Doc

• MioKontic
    4,600 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2012 5:10 AM

Miss Rossetti, or should I say Dr Jekyll, your speriments interest me greatly.  I was somewhat intrigued by your willingness to to be (not to to to be, 221B Baker Street, incidentally, being the home of Mr Sherlock Holmes, an avid user of Black Shag)... to continue, to to be the guinea pig in your "Spot the Taste" competition; surely Cook, Lambert, or one of the other house servants would have been a better choice, particularly as new servants, although they may not in the first instance have a willingness to be subjects, can be got at ten-a-penny, whereas good sperimentors like your good self, are rare, and ones who can spin a good yarn too.  And of course, the servant subjects would be paid greatly for their cooperation, by the state, which, upon their death, would fall to you as their mistress at time of death, as specified in their contract and also you ensured they had included in their last will and testament, whilst they were still of sound mind.  Mostly. (More than can be said for some of us!)

I would also like to have seen you mix some alcohol, some finest scotch whisky from daddy's medicinal cabinet will do, just remember to top it up again... with 2 parts water to 1 part Irn Bru, having made sure you have shaken the Irn Bru bottle well a few times so as to remove all the CO2 from it.  You may also add a drop or two of dandelion & burdock for a little kick and aftertaste.  But back to the speriment, it would have been interesting to note whether the alcohol would have flambéd the Black Shag on lighting up (and therefore Lambert's nose and any hair growth he may have below it), or whether the alcoholic fumes would have rendered Lambert intoxicated before he had the chance to savour the creation.

I can only imagine that the male dinner guests discussing shag were in fact talking of carpets.  Or if they were from Carolina - not sure whether North or South, or that it even matters - then maybe they were discussing their local village dance.  Of course, they could have been talking about scr..., well, that's not for a lady's ears.

Keep the speriments going and I am sure some giant conglomorate/corporation will be after your ass.

• MioKontic
    4,600 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2012 5:10 AM

Your brains, I meant your brains!

By the way, did you notice the é ¿

Mÿ kæÿbôÄrd's gönê âll fûÑñÿ.

• MioKontic
    4,600 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2012 5:48 AM

MioKontic:
    More than can be said for some of us!

I just heard someone mutter "Amen to that".  Damn cheek!

• PAGES
RSS