Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Averages.

Sun, Jan 24 2010 8:23 AM (3 replies)
  • Aysten
    1 Posts
    Sat, Jan 23 2010 4:06 PM

To WGT, How can i go from 68.16 to 68.33 after shooting a 2 under 34 on Kiawah, 

This is the second time my average has gone up when i shot below par,

please explain.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sat, Jan 23 2010 4:38 PM
  • TheWombat
    23 Posts
    Sun, Jan 24 2010 5:01 AM
    Pathetic. A whole string of posts have just gone missing from this thread, obviously moderated by some Neanderthal who has no concept of moderation. Wipe out the negative to make sure WGT looks really good instead of addressing the problems and actually answering members concerns. Good one WGT
  • AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Sun, Jan 24 2010 8:23 AM

Wombat...

First of all thanks for your nice comment on my other post where I explained Averages (nivlac has cited it above).

With regard to removal of Forum posts - quite frankly I find that WGT is pretty good about leaving VALID DISCUSSION - even if it "makes WGT look bad" in place in these forums if it is PRODUCTIVE.

I did not see what was deleted from this thread - but VERY OFTEN if a thread that is otherwise useful gets off track with mis-informed responses that lack understanding and it is creating an environment where the tone is becoming shrill based on faulty assumptions and conclusions the thread simply loses its usefulness.  Due to a lack of understanding about AVERAGES, this is one topic where this occurs commonly.  I'm not particularly allergic to WGT removing posts that have gone on a runaway train down a wrong track of bad information that might mislead other readers.

Also of course there are the instances where threads are hi-jacked or degenerate into personal bickering - which again is off-topic from the information we are seeking to exchange or learn from.  I personally find it infuriating to try to read through a discussion that starts out as good solid information exchange and then as you read through it there is alot of irrelevant "clutter" of this type.

Again - each to his own BUT sometimes removal of posts makes sense.

Thanks again for your nice comment to my other post.

Best Regards,  AtlantaCoaster

RSS