Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Ready go

Fri, Jan 8 2010 3:50 PM (2 replies)
  • winkdinkerson
    200 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2010 2:35 PM

How do I get the anouncements, for ready-go, that are sent to me by e-mail discontinued?  They are annoying and I don't need them.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2010 2:52 PM

Yeah, actually I agree.  I would also like to not receive notifications, but I don't see a way to turn them off either.

And on the topic of ready-go emails, I notice now that I'm getting "Ready-Go has Ended" emails as well.  That's great and all, but it comes at exactly the same time the Earnings email comes in, so I don't understand the point in the redundancy.

Example below:

nivlac's email:
    The Ready-Go tournament you played in, Kiawah Ready-Go, has ended. Please see below for details:

http://www.wgt.com/tournaments/leaderboard.aspx?ID=08f83405-0cd0-4f1e-bac7-9cf1001c1d67
    January 02, 2010 12:34AM Pacific Standard Time
    KIAWAH ISLAND: THE OCEAN COURSE
    100.00 cr

Thanks for playing WGT!

nivlac's email:
    Dear nivlac,

Congratulations, you have received the following for playing in the Kiawah Ready-Go.

Tournament Type: Stroke Play
    Course: KIAWAH ISLAND: THE OCEAN COURSE
    End Date: January 02, 2010 12:34AM Pacific Standard Time

Credits Won: 200.00

I received both of those emails at exactly 2:36PM EST on 1/7/10. 

I realize that some folks may not receive the earnings email if they didn't place well, but if this can be combined into a single email, that would be most convenient. 

Perhaps if it could be streamlined.  Something like....

"#0000 Kiawah Ready-Go has ended and you won 100 credits!" or

"#0000 Kiawah Ready-Go has ended, but you did not collect any credits.  Better luck next time!"

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2010 3:50 PM

Thanks for the feedback. We had some emails backed up a few days ago, so you may be getting more emails than usual now that they are catching up.

That said, we will look into combining or removing some ready-go emails.

RSS